New daily beater.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
My 1994 Honda Civic blew a head gasket after 186K incident free miles, I bought it the year I joined the Navy. The local mechanic wanted $890 to change the head gasket and deck the head. I bought a can of head gasket stop leak and headed to my local Nissan dealership.

I needed a Winter/daily car on a budget. I got this one new for $10K minus my trade.

Nissan Versa "S"

001pzk.jpg

002rc.jpg

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Parents used to have one of those, they aren't bad at all for the price. Not the most fun car to drive, but very roomy and practical. I actually don't mind the CVT.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
My ex had the coupe SL version. For what it is, its a good little pooper car. She paid 13000 when it first came out, but under 10 youll be very happy. It gets beast millage, and has the none shifting tranny. Its a little strange but i wonder how a turbo would work on there with no loss of boost between shifts? Theres a ton of room in the cabin. And it handles well even at speeds of 90+

All in all shes had it for 2 years and has almost 70,000 miles on it, and it stiill runs strong as hell. She drives an insane amount though. Gotta love nissan.

Last edited:

Hodgepodge

Established Member
I guess I don't fully comprehend the thought of spending $10k on a "Winter/daily car," but it sounds as though you got a good deal and you're happy with it. So congrats!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
$10k for something brand new, practical, gets great gas mileage, and has a factory warranty sounds like a good purchase to me. You could save a few grand and get something cheaper and beaten on, but damn, if financing $10k over 3 years @ 0% is gonna tap someone, they need to find a different line of work IMO.

Well done, and your "other car" isn't so bad either, hehe.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
I would've gone with an SVT Focus over that. I mean it's fine because that Grand Sport cancels out the Versa factor.

But if you want a new vehicle thats good on gas, practical, and cheap, the Versa is pretty much titties.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Why not have a fun and enjoyable DD (that you spend 95% of your drive time in) instead of something boring and bland.. :shrug:

I've never understood this... no wonder some people can't wait for the weekend, they get to drive something else... lol..

oh well, to each their own..

Enjoy! :beer:

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
nice. just not my cup of tea but if you like it thats all that matters. but I think you should of bought a stick shift chevy cruze. or even leased it

Last edited:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Newspaper special, the local dealership have 90 listed at $10,400. He gave me $3K for my Honda Civic too, but the deal before trade was $10K even.

What's the name of the dealership? The wife actually like these and we need something with 4 doors. It wasn't first first choice but for $10k, I don't care. I don't have to drive it anyway, lol.

Oh yeah, is it a stick or slushbox?

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
What's the name of the dealership? The wife actually like these and we need something with 4 doors. It wasn't first first choice but for $10k, I don't care. I don't have to drive it anyway, lol.

Oh yeah, is it a stick or slushbox?

that was my thought exactly!

Jim Keras Nissan in Memphis TN. It's an auto with A/C, single cd, manual locks, windows and ABS. It really is a great commuter.

Users who are viewing this thread