New CSVT Owner!!

conTourist

Hey guys!

Greetings from Vancouver Canada. The location of the 2010 Olympics in case you didnt know ;-)...

I just sold my 1993 Mark VIII and bought myself a 2000 Contour SVT.

Car is in impressive condition, very much un-molested. It was imported from Seattle a couple years ago, it has 91,xxx Miles on it.

Suspension is a bit weird, seems its been lowered, so I'll be looking to redo the suspension once I find out what it is (this weekend).

Other than that it's just been well taken care of and the only mods are tint and subs. I will be doing the plugs, wires, and fuel filter this weekend as well. If anyone has any recommendations other than Motorcraft for ignition wires I'd love to hear. I work at an auto parts warehouse so if there any non important motorcraft parts I could/should be using I'd love to hear it because Canadian dealer prices are bull ****

I'm looking to make this car a fun, reliable daily driver. I want to get this car in perfect shape and then do some tasteful bolt ons. You'll see me around, cheers! :beer:

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Just some teasers, I love sharin pics, and I know most forums love seeing them so enjoy.

brapple

Established Member
hmm, might have lowering springs, might not. the back does look very low, however the front does not.

I could be a sagging set of Eibach springs, and with the sub box its sitting very low. could be broken stock rear springs. also it could be blown struts. yes struts should effect the ride height but when rear struts go bad on these cars the rear of the car will drop.

as for plug wires motorcraft is best. taylor thundervolt wires are another good choice. make sure to use double platnium plugs that are either motorcraft or autolite.

conTourist

hmm, might have lowering springs, might not. the back does look very low, however the front does not.

I could be a sagging set of Eibach springs, and with the sub box its sitting very low. could be broken stock rear springs. also it could be blown struts. yes struts should effect the ride height but when rear struts go bad on these cars the rear of the car will drop.

as for plug wires motorcraft is best. taylor thundervolt wires are another good choice. make sure to use double platnium plugs that are either motorcraft or autolite.

I just checked the suspension. I have stock SVT shocks with a purple spring. Looks identical the color of the Vogtlands on my Mark, they seem very old and worn though...

I bought Taylor Thundervolt Wires and I have Autolite Double Plats waiting to go in. I will post something in the suspension forum on contour.org

I really just want to go back to brand new SVT suspension, all stock, they engineered it well and Id like to get a practical ride height. Slammed is definitely not m thing.

Cheers ,

Kyle:beer::beer:

brapple

Established Member
as you might read the BAT kit is a great alternative. lowers the car slightly while giving a stock like ride. very popular mod as the SVT really aren't available any more.

Stevarino8

Established Member
It looks good, if the interior matches the exterior that would be a real buy. I would put some aftermarket wheels on it--say 18"s!

Users who are viewing this thread