New CSVT owner as of yesterday

essten94

Hello, I just purchased my first CSVT yesterday, i am looking foward to many hours of fun with this beast, and many hours of wrenching. I was lucky enough to find this gem for the small sum of 500.00 heres what ive found so far in 2 days of driving and inspecting:

THE GOOD:
paint is flawless with minor scratches (Black) still shiny no oxidations
no rust (WOOHOO) i looked it over pretty well and saw no rust.
gobs of power runs strong clutch seems pretty good no slippage
interior is perfect leather no rips or tears in seats, carpets not worn through
all guages working order
has new exhaust (seller didnt mention but the new shiny exhaust told me)
new brakes
at wide open throttle theres no smoke

THE BAD:
175k miles
needs tires all around
missing caps from passenger side skirts
reverse lights have a short
clutch switch intermitent, have to pump clutch a couple times until switch engages in order to start.
probably going to need a power steering pump soon (owner says it needs refill every week or so)
has 1/4 to 1/2 inch of play in the steering
all speakers are blown casstte still works haha
check engine light, he ran the code while i was there and it said O2 sensor (not sure how many this has or how to locate which one it is) im assuming they can be pricey
thats all i can think of at this point, any input would be appreciated

the pictures im including do not do it justice, theres frost on it and reflections giving the illusion theres paint damage but imagime my surprise when i got it home washed it up theres just 1 little ding above the driver rear tire and it came out nice and shiny.

badSVT29

CSVTx3
I'm currently replacing my power steering pump, there is a specific way to bleed the system after you replace it so be careful, if you'd like I could post the proper procedure, and as far as the O2 Sensors go, I'd just replace them all, if one is bad the rest are probably not to far behind it, good luck my friend! :)

Users who are viewing this thread