new coyote owner

TXSVT1

Established Member
Well guys I just purchased my 2013 premium coyote. Wow this car is awesome but the mod bug got me and it'd time for upgrades without voiding my factory warranty. Was thinking of a cold air intake and tune for now. And maybe a boss intake later on. So who makes the best cai's and tunes?
Thanks for all the help

2011brembocoyot

Established Member
If you don't want to void your warranty you better stay away from tunes and cold air intakes (which require a tune).

kingcobra323

Established Member
I've got an airaid. It can be run with or without tune venturi tube inserted. Get yourself a after cat x or h pipe. and some axle backs. Sct tuner. You will waken that car right up

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kingcobra323

Established Member
Yeah you can... Just time consuming. I'm running jegs full 3" catless hpipe,airaid, sct Swanson tune, shaftmasters driveshaft, and magnaflow axlebacks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Cant you just take off the tune and cai if I were to take in into the agency?

they can tell how many times the computer has been flashed. so no you cant just take off the tune and take it back. just drive the car HARD for 2000 to 4000 miles. if everything is good and does not give you any problems go ahead and void the warranty like a boss. hopefully you didn't bite on the extended warranty.

2011brembocoyot

Established Member
they can tell how many times the computer has been flashed. so no you cant just take off the tune and take it back. just drive the car HARD for 2000 to 4000 miles. if everything is good and does not give you any problems go ahead and void the warranty like a boss. hopefully you didn't bite on the extended warranty.

This

331coupe

Established Member

No they can't, I work for ford, we cannot tell what was on the car or if its had a tune in it previously.

331coupe

Established Member
A dealer can absolutely tell if the PCM has been reflashed.

No we can't dude, do you know how many diesel trucks I've hooked up to that have programmers and it doesn't tell me that.....I know because the truck has a lot more nuts but the computer doesn't tell me that. Those computers we have check codes, data log, and a number of other things, but they do not tell us if the pcm is reflashed.

wazslow

Established Member
Don't tune the car if you are worried about the warranty. The dealer can see the number of key cycles despite what the post above me says.

I don't care, so my 2013 has a Paxton 2200 among other things. Lifes short, have fun if you can afford it!

Last edited:

Jetag93

Established Member
If a ford engineer is called in to approve an expensive warranty item they can dig farther into the PCM and see the reflashing.

331coupe

Established Member
If a ford engineer is called in to approve an expensive warranty item they can dig farther into the PCM and see the reflashing.

Now this may be true, but a regular technician can't see what's been done or none that I've known or worked with knew how if there is a way. I've had a few engineers come out, it doesn't happen a whole bunch, at least not with diesels and have never had one hook up and check the pcm for anything. Generally your at the point where they can't anyways, battery out, motor apart, pcm unplugged depending on location. Most dealers don't give a shit if your car has been modded.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
^^ not being an ass, but are you new at Ford or to these cars? it's now common knowledge that Ford sends an engineer out to check the pcm for tune footprints (which ARE left behind) before any warranty work is completed due to the number of wrecked #8's

331coupe

Established Member
^^ not being an ass, but are you new at Ford or to these cars? it's now common knowledge that Ford sends an engineer out to check the pcm for tune footprints (which ARE left behind) before any warranty work is completed due to the number of wrecked #8's

You do realize that the #8 concern isn't that common right? Will they come out for that concern 100% of the time, well I don't know that because I've never seen the concern. With the type of car it is (high performance sports car) I'm sure they will come out if that concern happens, like I said the #8 issue is a lot more rare then people assume. I've been with Ford for 8 years to answer your question.

derek19

Established Member
Just to back up 331coupe, my service manager at ford told me my 5.0 would wake up with a diablosport tune and a CAI. Also told me if I need any work done to it, just put the stock tune back on.

I told him I thought the tune would void the warranty and thought Ford could see if there was a tune or not. He said the technicians can't check but if Ford sends an engineer, then they'll know. Who knows if thats true or not but that's what he told me.

derek19

Established Member
Just to back up 331coupe, my service manager at ford told me my 5.0 would wake up with a diablosport tune and a CAI. Also told me if I need any work done to it, just put the stock tune back on.

I told him I thought the tune would void the warranty and thought Ford could see if there was a tune or not. He said the technicians can't check but if Ford sends an engineer, then they'll know. Who knows if thats true or not but that's what he told me.

3 oh 2

Established Member

No they cant ive used a ford ids to do a crank relearn and the ids could not pick up the car had a custom tune:lol:

Tispho

Established Member
From what I've been reading. The amount of times the PCM has been flashed and the amount of key turns gets logged. If you have only 10 key turns with 10,000 miles on your car it can be suspicious.

Can anyone verify?

331coupe

Established Member

This may be true, like I said I've never seen any major issues with these cars, so I don't know how likely it is a engineer will come out, and yes they might have a way to tell. I'll give my FSE (field service engineer) a call tomorrow and see what I can find out. I mainly do diesel and trans but I can tell you that they hardly ever come out for either of the 2. Now if you have had a vehicle like say a 6.0 diesel that's blown headgaskets 2 times or so, they might check into it. I've never seen them hook up to the pcm and check for tune when they come out, of course the body is always up so that would be impossible anyways lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread