New Coyote Owner

RiskyRick

Established Member
Thought I was buying a 2015, but I stumbled across a leftover 2013 car. Shot them a lowball and met at $24k out the door.

2013 Base GT Manual. Race Red. Tech Package only.

23643568.jpg

23643571.jpg

23643574.jpg

RiskyRick

Established Member
So this is a new car not used right?

Correct. The car got demoed a slight amount during the 2 1/2 years since built, but I am the first owner, and it's still breaking in.

Good deal...I love the color. Plans?

I'm going to add some minor bolt-ons, and then cross my fingers that it spirals out of control from there before I talk myself into an s550 PP or gen 6 1LE.

Last edited:

RiskyRick

Established Member
I absolutely love this car so far. Enough features to keep me comfortable without a bunch of extra garbage I don't need. Initial impressions are that it's got plenty of power to entertain me for a while- very smooth, very broad, doesn't fall on its face on top end.

My MT82 seems to shift great so far. Clutch isn't sticking- at least up to factory redline. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones here, but time will tell.

Car wheelhops terribly, though. If it doesn't hook it's like a jackhammer in the rear.

I'd say I'll try to get some baseline runs this spring, then the chassis will be the first priority when it comes time for some bolt ons.

I'm sure many will disagree with me already putting the car through its paces, but I'm a believer in lots of varied rpm, and both high loads and engine braking for breaking in a motor.

sleek98

Established Member
I'm sure many will disagree with me already putting the car through its paces, but I'm a believer in lots of varied rpm, and both high loads and engine braking for breaking in a motor.

It hits the dyno before it leaves the factory to check TQ. I beat on my from mile 4, when I took the keys. I think it helps seal the rings better, but everyone has their opinion on that.

RiskyRick

Established Member
The sticker doesn't list it, but I'm starting to suspect that I might have a 3.55 car.. What are 3.31s at @40mph in 2nd w stock tires?

SoSlowGT

Established Member
The sticker doesn't list it, but I'm starting to suspect that I might have a 3.55 car.. What are 3.31s at @40mph in 2nd w stock tires?

i know Ford used to put a sticker on the diff cover with gear ratio. I'd start there

Mustangtcs

Established Member
Jack the rear of the car up. Mark a spot on inside of the rear wheel and a spot on the driveshaft. Turn the wheel one full rotation while counting how many times the driveshaft spins. 100% accuracy this way. If it turns just over 3.5 times it's 3.55. Just over 3 and a 1/4 it's 3.31. Great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread