New concave-deep dish pics

nerdman

Established Member
Whats up guys, whent for a drive down PcH today, and stopped to snap. Few pics. Only had my iphone with me bare with me. Got a proper shoot lined up in a couple of week. But I wanted to show you guys the new wheel set up. I know20s on a new edge is a hard one to swallow, but its growing on me.*

Wheels were made for me by my buddy Robert of Kompression Wheels. Rears are 20x12.5 concaves with 7in lip. Fronts are 19x9.5. I know the wheels are a little out there for some peoples taste, but I wanted something diffrent. i stil have my classics and am keeping them for track use.*

Anyway, enough typing, heres a few iphone pics

d0605254.jpg

27bdf6a0.jpg

c577abfe.jpg

4764e24d.jpg

4e2387f9.jpg

This is where the candy paint pissed me off lol. The car changes color so much that every diffrent angle looks a diffrent shade of color. So it makes the rear bumper look diffrent. I dont know why it looks that way in the camera, but i assure you in real life it doesnt look that diffrent.

602265da.jpg

602265da.jpg

53b4312c.jpg

quick vid or should I say slow vid haha, of a little fly by. Kind of lets you see the wheels rolling, and how crazy bright the paint is lol.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/nerdman66/329250f7.mp4

Hope you guys like it, any all comments welcome. Thanks for looking :beer:

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That'scrazy!! I like that it's different. I personally wouldn't run it.. I would have maybe tried a 19'' rear 18'' front but that's just me :thumbsup: :beer:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
those wheels are deff badass, but id like to see them on a CL mercedes or something, but they don't look horrid, i hate classics so i like them better than those...LOVE the targa top..was this the car in MM&FF a few years back? great car though

1badsilversvt

turn up the boost
Established Member
Absolutely frickin ridiculous !!!! That's a beautiful car and wheel set up! Pls tell me what it cost to do the top like that and can you put it back on when you want??

56pickup

Established Member
That'scrazy!! I like that it's different. I personally wouldn't run it.. I would have maybe tried a 19'' rear 18'' front but that's just me :thumbsup: :beer:

I agree! but I like that you took a different route then everyone else and the car looks killer! :beer:

nerdman

Established Member
I think it looks great man:beer:

Thank you

Thanks man, it took me a bit of convincing. They have been on a week and they are starting to grow on me. I think im going to lower the car a little more this weekend, coilovers make it ez!

those wheels are deff badass, but id like to see them on a CL mercedes or something, but they don't look horrid, i hate classics so i like them better than those...LOVE the targa top..was this the car in MM&FF a few years back? great car though

Thank you, and yes, it was in MM&FF like 5 or 6 years ago, right after i did the targa. I like the car way more now. Ha.

Absolutely frickin ridiculous !!!! That's a beautiful car and wheel set up! Pls tell me what it cost to do the top like that and can you put it back on when you want??

:rockon: and the top was really not that hard. Cost me about 75$ bucks in metal and hardware and about 1 month of working on it here and ther after work, and yes, it bolts back in. Look under my screen name and check outmy threads, i should have a build thread that shows the top and the widening of the rear.

Two-Tone Targa Top Terminator......pure insanity.

hate to dissapoint Thomas, its only a little 2valve gt .:shrug:

But thanks man!:beer:

Darkflow

Established Member
Damn, that is one nice looking car. Whats with the Vette in the last pic? Some kind of effect or did he happen to reverse when the pic was taken? Looks kind of cool lol

Wikkd03

Established Member
Looks great. I like it. Any rear angle shots to show the lip better?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Any interest i am sure 1000 ppl asked who have no intentions of cutting their roof, but IDGAF, how much for you to make one for mine? I love the targa!

nerdman

Established Member
Damn, that is one nice looking car. Whats with the Vette in the last pic? Some kind of effect or did he happen to reverse when the pic was taken? Looks kind of cool lol

Thanks, haha, yea thats my buddys vette, the wheel dude. He was backing up and i was using an hdr app. So it snapped 1 pic and then another when he moved.

nerdman

Established Member
Two Tone Targa Top Twovalve

:shrug:

That works, its got an eaton, so 1 step closer haha:beer:

Looks great. I like it. Any rear angle shots to show the lip better?
Thanks, Its kind of hard to capture the depth, but these 2 show it a little better. I have a buddy thats a pro photographer, hes supposed to shoot the car in a couple of weeks, ill make sure he gets some angles.

410d3116.jpg

6d0fff64.jpg

Any interest i am sure 1000 ppl asked who have no intentions of cutting their roof, but IDGAF, how much for you to make one for mine? I love the targa!

Yea, a lot of people ask me. Shoot me a pm. im sure my uncle would be down to do another one. We are probably going to do my brothers 08 cali special next month to. He said hes down to cut it, so well see. Haha.

nerdman

Established Member
Oh my ****! Your car keeps getting better; that rear lip is HUGE!

Thank you. Yea, it look crazy in person, makes you want to step on it lol.

We wanted to do something a little diffrent. People usually run a concave and no lip, or a little lip, so we said lets try both. Granted if the car wasnt 3 inches wider, ther would be no way I could have done it. And Luckily he had some deep concave forgings laying around so we thru them in the cnc and cut them up.

Last edited:

Wikkd03

Established Member
Awesome man! Can't wait for the pro pics too. Car is just plain sick!!

Users who are viewing this thread