New Comer Here!!

STRIKEU

Established Member
This would be my first post to this site, and i would like to say that ive seen some very interesting posts and Lightnings here. Ive gone on this site many times for videos and pics but havent joined till now. So ill try and give a little intro, im 23 yrs old, live in Michigan and bought my Silver 04' Lightning New about a year ago. I love it and wish i bought it sooner. Also have a 94' cobra looka like that is pretty bad ass also, you can be the judge if i can post a pic. Also, if i still have your attention, theres a question i havent found yet on here about the dreaded fartin noise in between 1st and 2nd :mj: ?? Any help would be appreciated!!! But yeah, whats up Fellas!! :beer:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
welcome bro. oh yes, the fartin noise. it's normal, mine whent away when i got my new tune or was it with a cat back exhaust on it. it'll go away when you start modding it.

Last edited:

STRIKEU

Established Member
how do you post pics?

Tryin to get a picture up for you guys, oh well!! :shrug:

Last edited:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Awesome, welcome aboard! This place rules, and I gotta say thanks for asking about the farting noise. Mine does it too and I was really beggining to get paranoid about it! :beer:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
this is how you do it:

step 1: register at photobucket.com
step 2: once registered, a screen will come up with a browser button. click it and it will take you to your pictures on your hard drive.
step 3: double click the pic you want, then the img file will be shown in the box next to the browser button.
step 4: click the upload button below the browser button
step 5: now you have the pic on the internet, now you can click on the img text, copy it and paste it when you reply on the forums.

simple enough?

(I got this from someone awhile back and had saved it on my comp)

STRIKEU

Established Member
Sounds very simple, but cant do it here at work...LOL wont let me download anything. Thanks though New Kid ill get somethin goin. Still no other way to get rid of the farting? I read fade 2 blacks FAQ and he said once you do the boost bypass mod it would get rid of it? Well not working i still have gas!!

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
dam it FADE, I told you it didnt work. dont worry. i'll BAND him from this forum too. :lol: LMAO. just kidding.

STRIKEU

Established Member
Oh well, someone may know, if not i hope it goes with my exhaust change. Try not to be so hard on Fade, he meant well, but if you must ban him ill let nature take it course. And thanks guys for the welcome. :beer:

STRIKEU

Established Member
See if it works...

mytruck.jpg
[/IMG]

Me at Milan Dragway in fully stock trim...ran a 13.7 @ 101. Not to shabby huh?? :rockon:

STRIKEU

Established Member
Back window says REDNECK SPORTSCAR, Actually looks sweet and not to trashy, used silver for the Redneck and red for sportscar. Plate is STRIKEU!! Thanks for pic hosting tips fellas!! Guess there was no downloading to do.

STRIKEU

Established Member
The Stang..

b27a72b8.jpg
[/IMG]

My other ride...cant have to many toys right? Somewhat built, ran a 13.2 @ 103 with the typical excuse of spinning through first and second. But with good traction an easy 12 sec. car. Just motor work done, nothing to special, and all motor. I know should go in pic section but still my section of the forums.LOL. :thumbsup:

203Cree

Established Member
The farting noise is the tq reduction, not the boost bypass.

You can adjust the tq reduction in your tune, anywhere from .4 seconds to completely off. Personally I would NOT turn it completely off. Maybe turn it down to .2 or .1. All it is is the computer cutting power to half the cylinders during the 1-2 shift. It does this in order to save the 2nd gear clutches. Your trans will last longer with it left on than left off.

Users who are viewing this thread