New Cobras @ $3000 under MSRP

xyz

Established Member
Found a few dealers in the OH area doing $3000 under MSRP or $100 over invoice. I'm probably going to fly out to one of these dealers in a week or two to make my Cobra purchase. That is, unless someone knows of another other dealer with the same or better deal?

Thanks,

Marc

xyz

Established Member
The two dealers are Peffley Ford and Beau Townsend Ford. I'm trying to work one against the other to get the price I want to pay. I was content with paying $32,000 (before t/t/l) until just doing a lengthy search of this forum and finding some people who swear to have paid $29,500 to $30,500 including t/t/l. I can't see how that's possible, though...?

Marc

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I don't see you paying much less then $32,000 for the 03 new. I have seen one person while browsing these forums that paid like $30,000 cause he was on some Ford plan. A friend of mine owns 2 dealerships. He told me that dealer invoice on the 03 is around $29,500. Most people have been paying around $33,000 for their 03's.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I saw a 2003 Cobra on Carmax about 2 months ago w/ under 1k miles on it, and it sold for $29,000 :D

Mongoose 03

The Godfather
Established Member
Originally posted by xyz
The two dealers are Peffley Ford and Beau Townsend Ford. I'm trying to work one against the other to get the price I want to pay. I was content with paying $32,000 (before t/t/l) until just doing a lengthy search of this forum and finding some people who swear to have paid $29,500 to $30,500 including t/t/l. I can't see how that's possible, though...?

Marc
Peffleys would be a good choice. That is where I bought my Cobra back in Nov.

Rattlebox

Iggles Fan
Established Member
Wow, that's awesome. I've been playing games with dealers around here and the best price I've found so far has been $33,900.00 + TTT. I still think that I can do better. I wonder if Peffleys will deliver ?? That is an awesome deal though ....

xyz

Established Member
Originally posted by Rattlebox
Wow, that's awesome. I've been playing games with dealers around here and the best price I've found so far has been $33,900.00 + TTT. I still think that I can do better. I wonder if Peffleys will deliver ?? That is an awesome deal though ....

Hey man,

I was gonna fly over there and pick one up, but if you're in SE PA, you must be pretty close to me. Maybe we could rent a car, bring a friend along, and drive out there instead? Just an idea. I'm near NYC.

Later,

Marc

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
If you want more of a bargain and are willing to wait, I bet the prices will drop when the ten year anniversary editions and then the '04s come out.

Rattlebox

Iggles Fan
Established Member
XYZ,
Rent a car ? No way, my truck loves long rides. Gotta love diesel, I get about 25 miles to the gallon. Not bad for a truck that weighs 7,000 lbs. I'm sure I sould find one of my buddys to drive it back home. :-D

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by xyz

Marc

Its not, unless thats price after the down payment:thumbsup: Just get them to fax you something in writing before you go

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
wait the 1000 gas guzzler is included in msrp?
I think i just been raped

yes it is, on the sticker and also on invoice, that and destination(freight)is part of the msrp....heres a cobra invoice......

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I just noticed that the option to search for anniversary cobras has just been added(not one produced yet to view the sticker:( ), and the new F-150 too WOOT, we just placed our first orders:p

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Rattlebox

$33900.00 is an EXCELLENT price for a cobra. That should include GAS GUZZLER TAX, and be the price plus only STATE tax and dmv fees, there's usually a "processing fee" as well from 190-500 bucks(dealer proffit), they gotta make SOME money on a car, but Id complain if they ask more then 250 bucks.

Last edited:

ltv1

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
If you want more of a bargain and are willing to wait, I bet the prices will drop when the ten year anniversary editions and then the '04s come out.

I bet they will keep dropping as more and more continue to gather dust as the economy gets worse. If I still had my '01 I would wait.

Users who are viewing this thread