New cobra, things to check on?

TargeT

Established Member
Picked up a '03 Cobra from a bank (REPO'd lol) I know some of the history

front brakes were toast (front right calipur(sp) locked up and broke off the mount, so the entire front brake set up was replaced, Rear rotor's were turned too, really ugly job of it,, guess dealerships dont worry much about quality ?)

apparently it had done a lot of brake stands, they replaced the whole front brake set up (calps 'n rotors/pads) and the car has 4 new rims/tires

only damage i can see is a scratch/dent low on the driver side door and some rust/metal flakes all down the sides of the car (from when they ran the brakes metal to metal, stupid kid )

anyway, i picked it up for 26k in alaska (so thats an awsome deal) with 1.7k miles

I changed the oil/filter right away and took a look at the engine, i have no clue what im looking at, only thing that doesnt look "right" to me is the fact that they took the mufflers off and welded pipe in their place (so basicaly its strait pipe back from the cat's, which actualy makes it sound pretty good )

what else should i look into?

Thanks for the newbie help (this car ****ing rocks,,, I'm such a convert from my DSM background! )

pully cover was broke too, so i just pulled it off

I'm guessing i start with a K&N power stack? (mod wise) if the engine and stuff is good that is...

Users who are viewing this thread