New Cobra Rims Dont fit.

Cobra EssVeeTee

Established Member
Hey guys, i was at work and received a call from the local tire shop, they said they couldnt get the rear tires on because i bolt was sticking out. anyways the guy did a horrible job explaining, and i havent checked on it myself.. anyone know what might be the cause of this?i plan on going check it out, just seeing if you guys might have had something like this happen. the setup in the rear are 17x10.5 cobra reps, with 315/35R17 Nitto R555's. thanks

sonicblew

Established Member
It's the irs bolt. You need low profile ones or grind the stockers down. Don't grind to far though. Also they tend to run into the tire sidewall until you lower the car off the jack.

sonicblew

Established Member
Last edited:

ColoCobra1

Established Member
Yep, it's the IRS bolts. With 315's in the back you'll need Maximum Motorsports low profile IRS bolts and in all likelihood hub centric spacers. I have 18x10.5 Cobra Chrome replicas with 295's in back. I only used the MM low profile bolts and have about 3/8th's inch of clearance on both sides with the suspension is fully decompressed.

Both of these items can be done at home in the garage in about 1 hour's time. I did the suspension bolts myself.

03dsgTerm

2003 Cobra Coupe #3028
Established Member
I got my lo pro IRS bolt kit from lethal and installed tonight. It only took 10 minutes but it helps that I have a lift at home. The kit is like 20 bucks. It's not worth the headache of grinding bolt heads and this way it's much cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread