New Cobra R wheels: $175

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
When my Goodyears wear out (or sooner) I wanted to go an 18" wheel. Just saw these while surfing. http://www.buyfordmotorsport.com/wheels.htm New Cobra R wheels, 18x9.5, silver, for $175.00. Chromes are $300. Although I haven't tried to price them, that seem's pretty cheap, especially compared to after markets I've seen. If I put 285's on the front, how wide can I go in the back? Thanks.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Has anyone seen some rims like the ones on the black 03 on the kenny brown website? someone said they were black chrome? Snakebitten---from what people have posted, you can fit 285-315, anything around there should fit fine.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Sweet. I want the biggest tire possible when mine die.. :( ode to goodyears

What do you guys think of the Nitto 555Rs or whatever they are? I saw them on a mystic painted GT and they looked pretty sweet.. What would be a happy medium between hooking up and handling?

What do you think of the fact that SVT said that they tried 18 inch wheels on the 03 and it negatively affected the handling. It didnt seem to negatively affect the handling of the godlike 00R.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
from what I have heard, the Nitto 555R's are great tires. But if your going to run it at the track most the time then BFG's are a better way to go. The nittos will last longer on the street then the BFG. I have never used a DR yet so I don't have any first hand experience but, I raced a supercharged 97 cobra on the street, he had 275 nitto's 555R. And in 1st gear he just took off, I was still feathering the gas trying to get traction and he was gone! And he had 100 more hp than me, after that race I decided to get nitto's on my cobra. I havn't heard anything about the 18's hurting performance, I am going to ask around before I put them on mine though. But I don't see why it would do harm, doesn't Saleen, Roush, and the 00R use 18's? Its seems like every mustang with aftermarket rims uses 18's.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Yeah but I think John Colletti said that 18s would hurt the handling performance of the car. This is due to the different shocks, springs, gears.. etc etc. Its gotta be on an older thread.. This is something some of us 1strun-order guys were bsing about before we got our cars

RollinLimp2001

Established Member
Nitto's arent bad

I had a set of the 00 R's with nitto555's on my 95 GT with 265's up front and 285's out back and it got a lil rough as far as handling goes. I personally wouldnt go with anything bigger than 265's up front because they tried to "grab" every imperfection in the road as it was...all the power is in the back anyway. I just personally got tired of the ride on the old stock suspension. Ya'lls should be alot better so who knows...Just my .02!

Users who are viewing this thread