NEW COBRA PRICING (9/17/03)

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
So... I'm hunting for a new 2003 cobra coupe.

IS THERE or ISN'T THERE a $2500 rebate offer on the SVT Cobra? The dealership I went to told me there wasn't, and Edmunds says there isn't, but I read on here that there was...

Also, I know the invoice price is ~32,600 and the holdback is $1000 - does that mean that the MINIMUM a dealer can sell the car at (and still make a profit) is 31,600?

I asked 32,733 at one place, and was told they would let it go for no less than 33,733.... sounds like too much to me.

Any help? I'm in SoCal, looking for a DSG Coupe.

Thanks for the info and advice!

~Berj

ralphy1798

Established Member
Berj-

The 2500 rebate was up earlier this month... you may be able to talk the dealer down a lot b/c of this. Tell them you know they were letting the cobras go for 29500 a few weeks ago. They have to be even more desperate now that it is later in the year and the 04 are due in at any moment.

Good luck on your car hunt and let me know if you need any help! I saw some in valencia today, about 3 or 4 of them. None in the color you want though.

Jeff

crimecrusher

Established Member
It's my understanding that the rebate is good till 9/30/03 on both Mach 1 and Cobra. I just bought mine last weekend.

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
I just confirmed that the $2500 was good on the Cobra until the end of September. A friend of mine works at my local Ford dealer.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Berj,
Seems that SoCal dealers are less inclined to negotiate than elseware across the country. Three weeks ago the best I could negotiate was $500 under sticker and decent financing. Try Villa Ford in Orange, they had several Cobras on the lot (714)637-8222.
Sunset Ford in Garden Grove usually has several in stock also.
The Ford website no longer lists the Cobra as eligible for the rebate.
Good luck...hope you find a great deal.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
FYI, I just got off the phone with SVT, there is definitely a $2500 rebate program good through 9/30...

I hear of all these crazy prices in other parts of the country, but I think I'd be happy with Invoice here in SoCal!!

~Berj

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
I'm going to check a dealer at lunch and see what the latest pricing is here in Mich. Seems like a lot of descrepency in the pricing from place to place.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Matt, how can that be? The rebate offer is through Ford... I just called 1-800-FORD-SVT and they told me about it, and if you check the SVT website, they mention the offer..

~Berj

simpman

game artist
Established Member
Went to two local dealers this past weekends and the rebate is good till the end of September.

We also looked at explorers (for the wife) and the sales lady said they were 6000 off plus she would work in an additional discount for us. They must really want to get their inventory sold.

Phreakfree

Spitz Venom
Established Member
In PA, the rebate isn't exactly over.. i went to a local dealer a few days ago, because my friend was looking at a lighning, and I saw an 03 cobra, and asked him what they were going for.. he said $32k.. and I mentioned that i've seen them elseware such as brandow in FL selling them for 28k.. and he said they would sell them for that.. just aren't advertising it at all....

Matt M PA

Established Member
I went to fordvehicles.com and checked for "incentives". With my local dealer's zip code...it does not list the rebate on Cobra.

Maybe the fordvehicles site is wrong? I do see it listed on the SVT site.

Last edited:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
End of debate..

Look on www.svt.ford.com

The say the 04 info will be posted soon. Under news they JUST posted that the rebate is through the end of sept.

THEY HAVE TO HONOR IT IF THEY ARE A SVT DEALER OR CALL SVT AND THEY WILL STRAIGHTEN THEM OUT.

Vaelin

Established Member
If you don't mind the drive, North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz will do it. I bought my DSG from them.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Hi Berj, I helped you to buy your first CObra, and will do it again for the second one. I will charge you a very small fee, this time. J/K. Do you still have my phone number? If not, PM me, and you can call me tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread