new cobra owner looking for the old owner

rich01svt

Established Member
I am new to the forums. just recently purchased an 01 cobra out of the Greensboro area from a dealer was hoping I can get some help in finding the old owner dealer says the previous owners has about 14k in to the cobra due to some dealer policy they will not offer contact info just wondering what was done to it or if any one help please!! only pic so far it the weather has been bad around my area
2001_ford_mustang_svt_cobra-pic-3152056355347393019-1024x768.jpeg

Stang Lover

Established Member
Nice cobra. A buddy of mine was looking at that same cobra and we shyed away from it. Not having an original back bumper and taillights we possibly thought it was involved in a accident. We tried to haggle with them but they wern't budging. Tried to charge $12K for it F that. Hope it treats you well! If you ever want to cruise or meet up let me know.

rich01svt

Established Member
Yea they really where strict on giving out the info i did a real good Search everthing came back clean. My point is i just wanted to know what the owner did to it they said he bulit the motor i wanted to know was it a forged rebuild or whatever but they still was being a pain

rich01svt

Established Member
I also talked them down to 9k i said the samething as soon as i get some info ill shoot you a text and i do need a riding buudy come summer just trying to see whats done to the damn thing so i can start my own build

Riossvt

Established Member
Honest truth I would go to fastlane or a good mechanic shop that you know and pay for them to look over your car and tell you what all is done to it can you text me 4054652465

snakeraper11b

Established Member
14k in that bucket? I see 200 in lowering springs, and 100 in an awfully installed chin spoiler. Unless somehow that thing is fully forged and blown, it's just a dealer blowing smoke up your corn hole. Have then pop the hood and take a pic and post it.

shurur

Established Member
Yup...get pics under the hood.

Get a pic of the shifter and subframe if possible. Those are first mods for most.

New wheels and a complete suspension upgrade ( minus CO and kmember), shifter and subframe didn't cost me that.

It better have a procharger or other power adder if nothing else is done.

Write down your reasonable offer with name and number and walk away..

rich01svt

Established Member
Thanks everyone i have purchased the car have drove it to greensboro and back no problem. Due to the weather here in durham i havent been able to take many pics which will come. Its a solid car 14k in it or not was just trying to see if the owner was ever on here it is lowered maybe geared but i think thats about it
Previous stangs ive owned-07gt-02-gt

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Yup...get pics under the hood.

Get a pic of the shifter and subframe if possible. Those are first mods for most.

New wheels and a complete suspension upgrade ( minus CO and kmember), shifter and subframe didn't cost me that.

It better have a procharger or other power adder if nothing else is done.

Write down your reasonable offer with name and number and walk away..

He already purchased it.

shurur

Established Member
He already purchased it.

Edit
OK..seemed like everyone was chiming in on as pre purchase advice.

OP:
Anyway..what mods does it actually have???
You should be able to tell with it on as lift and some underhood pics...post em up.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
I got the previous owners name for my Audi through the parts department...another angle maybe.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Maybe take it to a performance shop around your area they might know that car. Piedmontcustommotorsports, Fastlane Motorsports, Competition Auto & obviously Ford. Those are the ones local around our area that could of did some work.

rich01svt

Established Member
update pics and vin

here are some pics of the engine bay and the vin 1FAFP47V41F239392 ot the best pics off my cell
securedownload.jpg
securedownload5.jpg

shurur

Established Member
Nice. Clean.
All I see is a CAI and a breather.

No STB or CC plates.

What's under the car?

rich01svt

Established Member
Just got under it yesterday its stock stock catback but it does have a set of highflow cats i also found the stock springs have been cut no iso on the front or back

Users who are viewing this thread