New Cobra owner....local tuner ??'s

Spade

Established Member
PHILLYSVT, Rob, ProTune, told me he work on a few. He did say how many and I dont remember what he said. I'm thinking my car will be his 6th or the 7th Cobra.

Spade

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
kauffmans isn't the best with call backs, but its because they are busy, not because they don't care about your business. Hell, i've been a long time customer and I still don't get a call back sometimes.

But Dave Guy at K'mans can certainly tune a car well.

1fast03cobra

chevy eater
Established Member
Dave at Kauffmans can not tune a car, unless he's learned alot in the past year, He couldnt even get my idle right when cams were installed after 6 times.....When i picked my car up it ran like crap, He left vaccum lines disconected and mass air meter loose.....Sorry not a big fan of Kauffman's.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
1fast03cobra said:
Dave at Kauffmans can not tune a car, unless he's learned alot in the past year, He couldnt even get my idle right when cams were installed after 6 times.....When i picked my car up it ran like crap, He left vaccum lines disconected and mass air meter loose.....Sorry not a big fan of Kauffman's.
Where did you end up going to get it tuned correctly?

1fast03cobra

chevy eater
Established Member
I guess i was one of those guys who just had bad luck picking tuners, i went to 3 different shops and all of these shops are well known 2 are in muscle mustang magazine. I ended up finding ProTune performance in manheim PA. He got my car right the first time. And i have been a loyal customer ever since. Ive had 3 5.0 mustangs and 5 4.6 mustang gts and a 94 cobra and now my 03 cobra witch is my favorite.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Spade said:
PHILLYSVT, Rob, ProTune, told me he work on a few. He did say how many and I dont remember what he said. I'm thinking my car will be his 6th or the 7th Cobra.

Spade

Well I think I am going to stick with Amazon for the tuning.....I'm going to try pro-tune for some installs.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
1fast03cobra said:

I haven't had any issues, and my car has cams as well. Idle right at 850, no stalling whatsoever.

every shop has its issues.

Spade

Established Member
phillySVT said:
Well I think I am going to stick with Amazon for the tuning.....I'm going to try pro-tune for some installs.

PhillySVT, stop by on Monday. I will be there get my car done at 9am.

Spade

Users who are viewing this thread