New Cobra owner....local tuner ??'s

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Hello, I'm a new Cobra owner......I'm buying an 03 cobra from Georgia this week. It was tuned By Rick at Avalon racing in SC.....I will be adding some more mods and will need to get it retuned. Should I make the trip to SC or go to Kaufmans? I kinda like the fact that Rick knows this car and has tuned it a couple times. But I hear Kaufmans does excellent work. :shrug: I'm located right outside of Philly.
-Mike

1fast03cobra

chevy eater
Established Member
Try ProTune performance 717-665-3175 Manheim Pa. A couple of other guys on this site have made appointments there, Really great shop, excellent customer service and tech support. I myself am a buisness owner so i know what customer service is all about. Your not just a number at this shop. You get personalized service. Ive been to numerous well known shops in N.J PA, MD and did not have the level of treatment i get at ProTune. Trust me Im a well known buisness owner in my town, Alot of these shops get to big quick with the demand for tuning and performance parts and forget about the customer service. Ken

Spade

Established Member
I called and setup an appointment with Kauffmans a few days ago and had a few question to ask. I never received a call back. I call several time for help and nothing. I also heard Kauffmans is a great shop for tuning but the no call back turned me off. The day I called ProTune I spoke with the owner, Rob, and he answered all my question and more. If you did not understand something he explains it to you in detail. Mind you I still had the appointment with Kauffmans. When I called ProTune back a few days later I got the same great response. Needless to say I cancelled my appointment with Kauffmans and went with Rob at ProTune. I have a appointment on the 27th of this month at 9:00 in the morning. If your not busy stop by. Hope this helps.

Spade

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
This is the way the car is set up:

The car has lots of mods as listed below (I've tried to list them all). I have all of the stock parts except the stock blower belt tensioner (sold it). The car has been to the track three times (SVT Cobra Club Track Days), and my best is 11.51 @ 120 (ET Streets, NO powershifting, with the stock clutch slipping a bit). The last dyno numbers were 485 hp & 497 tq (with a 3.1 upper/6# lower).

Apten Ported Eaton
2.93 BF Upper
6# Metco Lower
Amazon Ported TB & Plenum
Blower/Pullies Installed and Dyno Tuned by Rick @ Amazon Racing (1/17/04)
3.2" Metco Alternator Pully
LFP Intercooler HX
PF Intercooler Tank
Complete BF idler set (black)
K&N FIPK
BF Diff. Brace
Steeda IRS & Diff Bushings
Steeda IRS Antihop Plates
UPR Shifter w/Adustable Handle
Borla Stinger Exhaust
Raptor Shift Light
SLP Line Lock Kit
RR Manual Belt Tensioner
UPR Clutch Quadrant Kit
Carbon Fiber COBRA Rear Bumper Inserts
2 New Sets of 10th Ann. Floor Mats
2 Extra 10th Ann. Wheels w/ET Streets Mounted

I plan on adding frame ties, bigger alt, boost a pump, injectors, Maf, and headers/xpipe.....I may also put the 3.1 upper. The car is running at 17.1lbs of boost as is and going back to the 3.1 upper should lower it to about 16. I may also upgrade the clutch....I just need to figure out what the total cost is.

Last edited:

PA SNAKE

Established Member
:lol: Once I get my suspension work done (March 28th) I'm going to schedule an appt. with Mr. Jon Lund. <--- Respect, I'm told he's one of the best in the business... :rockon:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
PA SNAKE said:
:lol: Once I get my suspension work done (March 28th) I'm going to schedule an appt. with Mr. Jon Lund. <--- Respect, I'm told he's one of the best in the business... :rockon:

Where is Lund racing located?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
What I'm looking to get done is a BAP added, subframe connectors, and some guages added (bought the guages). Looking for a shop with Cobra experience.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
phillySVT said:
What I'm looking to get done is a BAP added, subframe connectors, and some guages added (bought the guages). Looking for a shop with Cobra experience.
Jon Lund is really focusing right now on tuning and he's a good one! There's a bunch of MACA folks up your way that would probably be glad to lend you a hand with your BAP and gauges. Mystic04 knows a couple of guys up there that can do your SFCs. Shoot him a PM.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Spade said:
I called and setup an appointment with Kauffmans a few days ago and had a few question to ask. I never received a call back. I call several time for help and nothing. I also heard Kauffmans is a great shop for tuning but the no call back turned me off. The day I called ProTune I spoke with the owner, Rob, and he answered all my question and more. If you did not understand something he explains it to you in detail. Mind you I still had the appointment with Kauffmans. When I called ProTune back a few days later I got the same great response. Needless to say I cancelled my appointment with Kauffmans and went with Rob at ProTune. I have a appointment on the 27th of this month at 9:00 in the morning. If your not busy stop by. Hope this helps.

Spade

Do they work on a lot of Cobras?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
mystic04 said:
Hey guy i live just out side philly myself in bromall where you at ??for a tuner you have a SCt xcal2??

I must have skip right over this respnse ....sorry. I'm in Neshaminy right now but I'm moving to Lower Merion.

Users who are viewing this thread