New cobra, New member!

VertCobraKid

Established Member
hey whats up guys! just picked up my cobra, Bone stock 03 vert, 36k miles. I LOVE IT but i think im getting the mod bug as i do with every thing i own lol...

Iv been reading alot of threads on here, alot of usefull info, im looking to spending a grand on some performance mods, ne suggestions you can point me twards?

was thinking for now just a mac off road X, pully, JLT intake, and a custom tune by mustand magic, has ne one delt with them and had a good tune done?? i really wana be close to 500whp right now, any other suggestions to get me pretty close besides those mods? how restrictive are the stock mufflers and headers? like i said i wana spend close to 1,000, but ill obviously spend a little more to get to the 500 mark....

I have huge plans for this car in the future but im thinking that should be a decent start.. i had a 450HP srt4 but this thing is alot more enjoyable to drive, i love it..

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
You should obviously try searching or just flat out reading like the first 20 pages in each section. That'll get you caught up pretty quickly.

Without a port you wont hit 500, pretty much no matter what you do unless you add nitrous.
IMO at your power level headers are a waste of $$. A good intake and exhaust is important from the beginning and then 2.76 upper /w a posi port will pretty much put you right around the 500hp level.

After that you'll need a bunch of supporting mods to make over ~500. Try to also remember to upgrade other things besides straight power, theres a lot more to these cars then just power.

If you wanted ideas on brands or things to upgrade you can look at my sig.

(p.s. welcome to the board and grats on the purchase. No more tasting the rainbow for you)

Last edited:

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
Welcome and post some pics of the car!! We like pics.

Plan on spending a lot more than $1k on the mods you stated unless you have your own garage and can do all the install work yourself.

IMO go slow and in stages and enjoy the journey. Start with the CAI and maybe exhaust and drive it for a while and feel the difference in power. Then pulley and tune. Then suspension etc. You will learn a lot and then maybe can share what you have learned with some else starting out.

GL

VertCobraKid

Established Member
hey thanks foir the help guys, i already like this forum better than the srt4 forums, i guess thats because real men drive cobras hahaha..

yah i did more reading, and i seei need a ported eaton to hit the 500 mark. i think im gonna get use to the car and do some suspension mods and things like that , also start off with an off road X and cat back, prolly the PYPES set up i like the sound of them, also throw on a pully and a canned tune for now.. anyone have experience with the pypes? i guess ill get the car hooking better for the added power im gonna put in it eventually.. can anyone suggest some good spings to lower the car with?

thats alot for the help so far, theres deffently some knowledgeable guys on here that can help me out! :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread