New Cobra like new thunderbird???

A2V2NV

Established Member
Here lies the problem as I see it,

Ford brought out the new retro thunderbird a while back, and wanted ALOT of money for it. Now, they have decided not to offer it anymore becausethey didn't sell. The only people who bought them were rich women in their 50's to 60's. So here's what I see happening......

2005 brings the new "retro " mustang....$20-$25k will get you the v-6, but it'll take a minimum of $30k to get a GT, now that's a HARDTOP, not a convertable, and if you want the BOSE sound, leather, etc. the price will SOAR!!!

The only guys driving the new COBRA will be the guys that you see at the weekend shows that have the $$$, the guys that own their own construction companies, etc. basically the same guys that drive around in C5's, Z06's, and the occsional '04 COBRA convertible with all the leather and junk. The working class joes, like myself, can FORGET about having a new SVT. The Lightning is already way too expensive, and the COBRA is going that way too!! Sorry guys but SVT has gone UPSCALE. Bad idea, in my opinion,:nono: The mustang has always been a car for "joe 6--pack", and i hate to see the COBRA going to the CORVETTE class, which by the way as least from prior experience are a gruop of snobs who like to buy the monogrammed floormats and fancy key fobs, and have their little get togethers and eat wine and cheese. I hope someone from Ford reads this, asnd GETS IT!! And I ask all of you to support me in this!

(Remeber the Thunderbird..............)

Just my .02

Joe:burnout:

Not to be an ass, but basically everything in that post in inaccurate. The current Mustang prices will be very comparable to what the next gen will be.

Boss429lover

Established Member
Ya i dont' know where you are getting your prices from..:dw:

The prices are going to be very similar to current mustang prices.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
All comments coming from Bill Ford, Scott Hoag, Art Hyde, & John Colletti have been the new stang will be priced close to what they are now. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if they learned their lesson with the T-Bird. The window stickers and cars should be on lots real soon . ;-)

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
The Ford guys in Nashville said the prices will remain comparable to what they are now with a minor adjustment for inflation. Prices should remain to within a few hundred bucks. Under 20K for V6 and around 25 - 26K for GT

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I think that the thunder turd died becuase the old farts can't fit their Lee Travino sized golf bags in the trunk.

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
05 GT's will be around 25- 26K from the start. May go down with rebates as time goes by. Geez, some peeple:rolleyes:

cobrao3

Established Member
i build them price is going to be around 22k for a gt.ford is trying to make a come back they are not going to over price them.

91tbird

Established Member
Originally posted by Whitten
I think that the thunder turd died becuase the old farts can't fit their Lee Travino sized golf bags in the trunk.

I could fit atleast 4 bodies in my trunk ><...

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by A2V2NV
Here lies the problem as I see it,

The only people who bought them were rich women in their 50's to 60's.

Joe:burnout:

The reason that the T-birds failed is becasue they were slow, and were not a hot little sportcar like they were in the 60s. The new mustangs are going to sell as fast as they did when the first came out in 64.

2000 MGT

A2V2NV you are completely wrong....the 05 Mustang will only be 2-3% higher then current Mustang GT prices. 30K won't even be touched. You will be able to get a fully loaded GT for around 27K.

And i also know you're wrong cause they're not using BOSE sound systems. They're using DELPHI.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Pricing I've seen is like $16,700 base price on the V6. $19,700 base price on the GT. I was actually shocked at how cheap the last report was. I hope that's where it stays and they hit the street at that price, because I'll snatch up a V6 for a daily driver in a New York minute!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Bose in a ford.. Bwaah ha ha ha ha. Bose car audio sucks. My parents Vette and hummer both have bose, and they sound like ass. They are very jelouse of my Mach 460 system. And don't even bring up the Monsoon system that my father-in-law has in his WS6. He is jelouse too.

Tru_Ice

Banned
At least you can still afford the new Mustang GT, that's better than nothing. Plus you'll still be getting 300+ hp.

Last edited:

AzDropTop

Established Member
T-birds are going used now for like 28K. Sad. They should have come out with a fast version of the car with a price in the low 30's.

Users who are viewing this thread