new clutch

rwhp

Established Member
i just put in my centerforce d/f clutch and i was told i should go easy on it for about 500 miles...any truth to that?

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
hp freak said:
i just put in my centerforce d/f clutch and i was told i should go easy on it for about 500 miles...any truth to that?

yup, you have to brake it in

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Take it easy for a good amount of miles. Atleast a few hundred. Also make sure to do some stop and go traffic driving as well as this will help the process. If you break this clutch in properly it will perform very good for a long amount of time. I run the same clutch on my 19lb KB car with Cams and Spay and the clutch has quite a few miles on it without any signs of slipping or problems at all. Good choice of clutch. Jared

rwhp

Established Member
black03 said:
Take it easy for a good amount of miles. Atleast a few hundred. Also make sure to do some stop and go traffic driving as well as this will help the process. If you break this clutch in properly it will perform very good for a long amount of time. I run the same clutch on my 19lb KB car with Cams and Spay and the clutch has quite a few miles on it without any signs of slipping or problems at all. Good choice of clutch. Jared
thanks jared it will take some discipline but i will take it easy for a while. :beer:

03yellow

Established Member
yep you dont want to put any hot spots on your flywheel.

Take your time and break it in.

Last edited:

RJCobra

Established Member
hp freak said:
How does it feel so far? I was thinking about the same clutch. We have similar mods/power levels.

Users who are viewing this thread