New clutch or 6R80 Swap ?

mackdog2008

Established Member
I have a 2013 Gt VMP gen 2 TVS on E85 making around 680 rwhp

I have had this setup for well over a year and my car has 38k miles on it now, it has been supercharged since 26k

My MT82 has never given me any problems whatsoever believe it or not, but my clutch is starting to slip a little, should I spend over a thousand dollars on a good clutch, flywheel or take that cash and save for an 6R8O swap?

I do a little drag racing and a little road corse, my car is not a daily driver anymore and eventually I plan to make more power, somewhere in the 8-900 range

I just don't want to throw over a grand at it and turn around later and have to spend more for an auto swap if that's what I will end up doing anyways to make the kind of power I want to make.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Just about every M6 car swaps to an auto once they get to 700+ whp... A lot of guys get frustated when they can break out of the 10's with the stick... If you still like to run a road course, then just stay at your power level and keep the stick.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Just about every M6 car swaps to an auto once they get to 700+ whp... A lot of guys get frustated when they can break out of the 10's with the stick... If you still like to run a road course, then just stay at your power level and keep the stick.
Bingo!

DaBigBone

Established Member
I'm surprised your stock clutch has lasted that long. If it were me, I'd save for a T56 Magnum Swap simply because I just love driving an M6

Users who are viewing this thread