New Clutch needed, what should I get??

drkhrse

Established Member
Hi guys,
I’m in the process of building up a new motor for my autocross/ open track 93 cobra. It will be a 306 w/ about 10lbs of boost. Ideally making about 400 rwhp. The trans is a rebuild T5 with the G-force it. I will be replacing the clutch and want to know what ones you are running and how you like them, as well as what ones you hate. I have only used the stock 93 cobra King cobra and the center force dual friction (on a different car) as referance.

Another question, is an aluminum flywheel worth the money? Will I gain a noticeable amount in a 3000lb car?

wheelhopper

Established Member
I use a Spec 3 with a chromoly flywheel in my '03 Cobra. The only issue that I don't like is that the clutch is a little grabby. But it is made to handle 700hp and I installed it when I used to drag race. For your hp level and what you are doing with the car, get yourself a Spec 2. As far as the flywheel, I think that is more personal preference. Your car makes enough power where I do not think you will find a huge noticeable difference in steel or aluminum.

drkhrse

Established Member
Any idea how the spec 3 compares to the dual friction my street car has? It is a bit grabby for me, i don't plan to buy another.

Users who are viewing this thread