New clutch in, grabs REAL high, whats the fix?

Power Trip

Established Member
Well i finally got around to putting in a pro motion mcleod DF clutch, along with a 26 spline input shaft, and fidanza flywheel.

Everything went smoothly except putting the t56 back in by myself, that was a mjor PITA.

So i took it for a little ride tonite, and damn this clutch is grabbing HIGH, almost seems like the clutch pedal is higher off the floor, is that possible? The pedal is pretty much all the way up when it engages/disengages. I have a firewall adjuster, and i spun it in (clockwise), and tried spining it out (counterclockwise) and it still grabs dead nuts high. So whats my option here to fix it? Which way is the correct way to spin it to make it grab lower?

THanks for any help guys...

Power Trip

Established Member
UPDATE:

My friend told me that spinning the firewall adjuster OUT would tighten up the cable and make the clutch grab a little lower. So i spun it out pretty far, and took it for a ride. The car stumbled BAD at take off, maybe it would be considered chatter. While giving any amount of gas (over 1/8 pedal) would make the clutch slip. This made me figure the cable was too tight and the clutch wasnt fully engaged while driving.

So i spun the firewall adjuster almost all the way in. Took it for a ride, and woah what a difference. It still grabs high, but i guess once i get used to it, it will be a good thing. Now it takes off from a dead stop nice and smooth, no chatter at all. And pedal feel is super light. Just gotta break it in now and see how it holds up at the track :banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread