New clutch HELP!!!

03CobraDude

Well, I completely screwed up the clutch a few nights ago.

The shop said they needed to replace the pressure plate, the disk, throwout bearing, flywheel and pilot bearings.

Right now, I'm looking at several clutch kits from Centerforce on LethalPerformance. The kits I'm looking at have the disc, pressure plate, and throwout bearing. Where can I get the pilot bearings? Should I just have the shop order the factory spec pilot bearings?

Next, the I have a few flywheel questions.

Money IS somewhat of an issue. What would be better, an Aluminum flywheel or a steel flywheel? Can I get some pros and cons of both too?

Thanks for the input. I posted on Mach1Registry also, but posted here since SVTP tends to get quicker responses.

THANK YOU!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Can't really give feedback on teh clutch issue, but I'd look for a Cobra alum FW in the market place if I was looking.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
What are your mods?

Bolt-ons, I'd go with a Cobra clutch/fw setup.

PowerAdder ...it depends, but a Spec 2+ with an aluminum flywheel is a nice setup. Aluminum flywheels help with rpm transfer (rev faster, decrease faster). Steel flywheels are better for the track, hold up better ...but might chatter more.

I think I have spoken the truth, someone correct me if I am wrong.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
What are your mods?

PowerAdder ...it depends, but a Spec 2+ with an aluminum flywheel is a nice setup. Aluminum flywheels help with rpm transfer (rev faster, decrease faster). Steel flywheels are better for the track, hold up better ...but might chatter more.

dis man speaks da truf! spec stage 2+ FTMFW i thats what i have and i will always replace with the same. i have the stock flywheel resurfaced and it works great. does have a little bit of chatter but went away fast. thas what i would recomend as for pilot bearings just have the shop order them would prolly be eaiser that way

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
dis man speaks da truf! spec stage 2+ FTMFW i thats what i have and i will always replace with the same. i have the stock flywheel resurfaced and it works great. does have a little bit of chatter but went away fast. thas what i would recomend as for pilot bearings just have the shop order them would prolly be eaiser that way

i have a spec stage 2+ it performs' like it should every time in the 1/4 but kinda a pain 4 a dd

EVO-lution

Established Member
What are your mods?

PREACH IT BROTHER!!! AAAAMEN & ALLELUIA!. lol yea take his advice on the clutch. For a stock car you don't need a heavy duty clutch and the Cobra clutch and FW set up will be perfect for some bolt-ons and DD.

Users who are viewing this thread