New Clutch fork?

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
What is involved with installing a new clutch fork? (do you have to remove the bell housing or just tranny/driveshaft) And anybody know where I can get one cheap?

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i don't think anyone sells an aftermarket clutch fork for our cars. only the 5.0 cars. Your best bet is probably fordparts.com

duane v

Established Member
Labora said:
What is involved with installing a new clutch fork? (do you have to remove the bell housing or just tranny/driveshaft) And anybody know where I can get one cheap?
You have to remove the tranny, if you have a long enough flat head screw drive, you might be able to to push the clutch fork prongs off the BH fork ball...Or if your arm is skinny enough to reach through the opening on the BH...DA snake boy!!!

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
Anybody have the part number for the ball that the clutch fork pivots on?

And does Ford call the clutch fork and the T/O bearing. RELEASE FORK and RELEASE BEARING. Thanks.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
man, i went through this exact same thing just a few weeks ago. Are you on the stock clutch/tranny? ahh..i just noticed that you had a 5.0 car. Lakewood sells an aftermarket clutch fork for (i think) $130. It is suppose have no flex. Lakewood also sells different length pivot ball. The stock one is 2" in length.

The links to info about the Lakewood parts are here:

clutch fork: http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductDetails.aspx?brandID=0&productID=24206&txtSearch=15525

pivot ball: http://go.mrgasket.com/MMYApplicati...e=mustang&yearName=1994&modelDetailName=cobra

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
Hmm I do have a aftermarket clutch (king cobra) but dunno if I need the good stuff I don't powershift or anything. But that is still very helpfull! :thumbsup: Gives me another place to find parts. :banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread