New Clutch cable adjustment help

mystic venom

Established Member
Just installed a new clutch and trying to adjust this steeda adjustable clutch cable. Problem I am having when trying to take the slack out of the cable is rather than pulling the slack out it is pulling the throw out bearing up next to the fingers on the pressure plate before taking out the slack. Only way I see around this is the LDC chicago clutch freeplay spring mod? Has anybody else run into this or am I just doing something wrong. As it stands I got about 1 to 1 /1/2 of clutch pedal dead spot and I know that is a lil much, as their is just too much free play in that. Would like to hear some inputs from those that have done this.

Thanks

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Yeah I did my own spring back in the day and it's still there and keeps the T/O bearing off the PP. I would have bought the stock cable because it works the best. You may also need a fire wall adjuster with the stock cable. I did not have the free play problem either. It sounds like your cable is to long. You may not be able to do what you want to do with that cable. try the spring trick first. There should be no reason it shouldn't work unless the cable is too long. also check the routing of the cable that could be the reason you have slack. If I was you I would hope it's a routing problem. The steeda cable from the old days were terrible. they broke...so unless they did something new I would not even waste my time with it. stock cable,firewall adj. and a quadrant are the way to go. Walt at promotion has the best firewall adjusters. The quadrant is your choice. sometimes with an after market clutch you need to be able to adjust it. IMO the clutch cable should not be doing the adjustment. sorry dude ditch the cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread