New clutch and flywheel and tob, tob squeal???

antiv6

Established Member
I just had a brand new stock clutch, ford tob and aluminum flywheel put in. I have a fiore clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. I am using the stock ford clutch cable not an aftermarket one. The tob retainer looked perfect as well. The issue is that in neutral and when in gear moving there are throw out bearing noises. To get the pedal firm the firewall adjuster is all the way out. If I push in the clutch even a tad with my hand or foot the noise is gone. I think the cable needs another 1/8 in of pull and the noise would be gone. Can this be adjusted at all under the car or should I get an aftermarket cable? Does this make sense to be the cure for the noise or is there another issue to look at? Thanks

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Is the pedal cable on the furthest hook? Assuming it has multiple hooks to where the cable can be attached to.

ATFPat

Established Member
I have the same issue! I have a quadrant with three levels of adjustment and its on the last one. Also, the slightest touch on the clutch pedal and the noise is gone. Did you get it fixed and also what did you do? I was't sure if I got a "dud" TOB.

Also, I have a good amount of play in the clutch pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread