New Circle D 4c Torque Converter in 2015 Mustang GT...

bunk22

Established Member
My car has been down for a while, the stock tq converter, specifically the stator vanes and the transmission pump shred itself....while just driving normal. I think I was at 25mph when it happened. So I opted to get a Circle D 4c converter (3800 stall), a new trans pump, etc. Still has same other mods, JLT, GT350IM, cheapo Brothers 1 3/4" long-tubes with no cat X-pipe, stock axle back and custom tune. Sorry, no print out so taken from a phone. It is a dyno jet and the numbers are SAE corrected, smoothed to a 5 I believe. Max power was 435.1rwhp and 387rwtq SAE.

This is my first auto of the four mustangs and one C6 Vette I've had so all new to me but I can't say enough about the acceleration of this car with the Circle D. It feels like I took 200lbs off the car. I do have some suspension mods as the stock suspension was like a row boat in choppy waters. The tail wouldn't hold under stock power. If I really wanted a suspension, I suppose I would have gone to Maxim Motorsport but I'm not racing it, not yet anyway so I went to Steeda as a cheaper alternative.

I had actually rented a 2017 Camaro SS with the LT1 and the tq, suspension put my 2015 GT auto to shame. The Camaro was an auto too....I still prefer stangs but it took some minor mods to get it to where it should have been from the factory.

MichaelMottiff

I am saying, make me learn to make this kind of graph, you did it but i can't make this kind of graph. And you are an expert in auto related stuffs but i am a newbie.

SixPak

Established Member
Circle D 4C is the nutts! Turns the car into a whole new animal. I put forged wheels on all for corners taking about seven pounds off each corner all the while increasing my footprint. First time I drove it I thought something went wrong with my suspension!!
LOL!!

Users who are viewing this thread