New centri superchager?

scholle

Established Member
It's different for sure. It uses a Rotrex C38-91 Supercharger. Rotrex = gear-less trans / fluid traction drive. CVT-ish...you decide
The advertised power numbers aren't unrealistically high.
This setup looks heavy duty and a little bulky like the Procharger i-1. Might be an option for someone looking for something different.
g-992-2adc5cbc557c436ab0c8b1c36ebe5f0c7d21a54b.jpgg-992-7170e5a6998df219e91d2189fb69d8119954681f.jpg
http://cms.kraftwerksusa.com/id/992/Mustang-GT-Coyote-Supercharger-System/2/

http://www.rotrex.com/Home
Kinda neat electric supercharger on there also.

Mach828

Established Member
"Their unique traction drive technology is what makes all of this possible, which, unlike other superchargers, transmits power through frictional forces between its rolling elements."

:??: :??: :??: :??:

Edit: Found this. Now that I see the inside I understand how it works. Pulley rotates a big circle inside that transfers power to other circles with friction material I'd imagine being similar to an lsd/auto trans clutch pack, that eventually turn the impeller. I like the gear design better.

http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Technology/Product_Concept

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
The head unit has been around a while, never seems to have caught on an any application I have seen it for.

NickSezz

Established Member
They could have at lease made nice cuts on the intake piping boots for the pictures. Not to mention the bent up air filter...not the mention the afterthought intake.

4VFTW

Established Member
Why? Is it too close to the TB, too close after the coupler, or too close to the bend? Just trying to learn more every chance I get :)

looking at the lower pic it looked very close to the bend before the TB and the bend looked kinda sharp , but now looking at the upper pic it doesn't look so bad , still probably not optimal though

helli217

Established Member
Fit and finish looks poop. Also, after thought placement of open element filter, with no shield, just above header. Hope they have efficient intercooling.

Clipboard

Established Member
they dont produce GREAT results...in the 350z community they were looked down upon, everyone loved the vortech....but for 2-2.5k out the door without tuning it was good enough for those who just wanted the BOV sound

zachcrosen

Established Member
they dont produce GREAT results...in the 350z community they were looked down upon, everyone loved the vortech....but for 2-2.5k out the door without tuning it was good enough for those who just wanted the BOV sound

A buddy of mine had the HKS Rotrex SC on his 350z and it was pretty sweet. I know a lot of ppl didn't have it because they didn't put out the greatest numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread