New cars and their safety features

01yellercobra

Established Member
The Q5 we have as a loaner right now has all that junk. Apparently the other day the wife misjudged some distance getting into traffic and was a little too close to a car. She said it slammed on the brakes and the trans went into park.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Adaptive Cruise Control

First time was this last summer. Really like it, BUT,
you could easily go through a red light with that shit on

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
None of my current vehicles have any of those assists.

As long as they aren’t intrusive, I wouldn’t mind having a couple of them for my “da fuq?” moments. I consider myself a pretty good driver, but every now and then I catch myself in a wtf moment.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Wife and sister in law both just ordered 2023 white Avaiators with the Jet package. Salesman assured me the lane BS can be shut off and will stay off. Stop/start will require a defeat device. The wife also got the massage seats, better kick my ass when I dial it up to 11.

2022-Lincoln-Aviator-Jet-Appearance-Package-Manufacturer-Photos-Exterior-040-Pristine-White-fr...jpg

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
None of my current vehicles have any of those assists.

As long as they aren’t intrusive, I wouldn’t mind having a couple of them for my “da fuq?” moments. I consider myself a pretty good driver, but every now and then I catch myself in a wtf moment.
I think the problem is they are pretty intrusive.

First time I experienced the adaptive cruise control was on my mom's 2022 Tucson. If the road curved just right it would pick up the car in the next lane and slow down. One point someone moved in front of me closer than the computer liked and it slammed on the brakes. Not a good feeling at 75mph.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
People are stupid to the point where they act like quivering goo when they need to do something on their own so someone or something steps in to hold their hand.

Is it the F150 commercial having the truck parallel park itself because the driver is a homer? If parallel parking is your bane, you shouldn't be driving. Navigation? We made due with either maps from AAA, printing off directions from the early internet days or even asked someone! Automatic braking, lane departure, etc.., People end up relying on tech far too much then end up paying the price.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Wife and sister in law both just ordered 2023 white Avaiators with the Jet package. Salesman assured me the lane BS can be shut off and will stay off. Stop/start will require a defeat device. The wife also got the massage seats, better kick my ass when I dial it up to 11.

View attachment 1768835

Big fan of the way new Aviators look.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I was impressed with the whole buying experience at Lincoln. Wife has owned them before and it wasn't the same. Got X-Plan too so no haggling.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A friend of mine and his wife bought a 2021 or 2022 Subaru. He's told me several times that it freaked out when there was nothing around and jerked the wheel. Yeah, no thanks.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Bought my car off the lot and paid $1k for the Ford Safe and Smart Package. Had no choice. Dickhead dealer added it.

I hate it. The cruise control spacing bullshit is turned off. It still ****ing dings the first time I use it after start-up.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. If you're not going to learn how to drive, get the **** off the road and stay off!

Users who are viewing this thread