new car

2003bluecobra

Established Member
hey all.. i just made this username today.. because i just drove home a 2003 cobra sonic blue... its soo HOT... it has 5000 mi on it with some mods that are in my sig.. i just wanted to say hello

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Dude it is basically stock. Cold Air and a Diablo chip burned moderately aggressive it might be worth another 25 RWHP at best.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

Since it has the chip get an 2.8 upper pulley and a cat back. That will wake that thing right up:thumbsup:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Did you buy it from a dealer or an individual? If from a dealer, are they still going to give you a warranty even w/ the chip?

2003bluecobra

Established Member
a dealer.. and yes they are giving me a warranty.. what are some good mods to do that wont cost me allot of cash

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by 2003bluecobra
a dealer.. and yes they are giving me a warranty.. what are some good mods to do that wont cost me allot of cash

You got that car from the dealer with a PCM chip? They say the warranty is intact, you need to get that in writing. I spoke with Ford the other day about this exact topic. If something major goes wrong with your car and it requires a Ford Rep to come examine it before authorizing repairs and it is at all related to the chip, Ford will not cover it. The dealer will leave you holding the bag. So do yourself a favor and have them put it in writing.

Brad

Banned
Are you sure its on the stock pulley? Maybe its got a smaller pulley on it, I cant see spending the money on a chip, installing it, and not having a smaller pulley to go with it.

ltv1

Established Member
Props, but take care of warranty in writing if you want to keep it. Chipped cars totally void your Ford "Monkeys with Hammers", I mean warranty.

The dealers many times don't know or care what they are selling used, and will say anything to sell the car. Don't bother calling them, they won't return your calls. Make an appointment with the Honcho. Trust me on this. I got shafted bad once. No reason for details. Get it in writing as a fully warranteed vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread