New car...

DCAN87

Established Member
So, the GT was fun while it lasted. But it was time for something new and exciting. So I found this 2003 Corvette Z06 with only 3000 miles and had to jump on it. It is FAST! Coming from a GT with an intake and exhaust you can not compare the two. The heads up display is amazing while driving, the interior is large and comfortable, and you just glide through the gears. I am throughly impressed with it. And just to show I'm not a total traitor, I'm keeping the GT too.... for now! These are just some quick shots, I'll get some good ones with the Z06 and the GT in a few days.

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0656.jpg

DSC_0657.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

:thumbsup:

DCAN87

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
how much if you do not mind me asking....its a bad ass car! now add some turbos AND spray :)
Thanks guys! The car was $35,000 before taxes. I'm gonna hold off on the mods for a while until I get this power under control. :burnout:

DCAN87

Established Member
87Mustang5_0 said:
Nice. What are the plans?
Thanks guys! Ummm.. this car isn't going to be too modded. Probably tires, then later on intake and exhaust.

r6bullet

Established Member
Very nice car, I have been looking at getting something to replace my T/A.
I would like to get an 03/04 cobra or 03/04 Mach 1 (cheaper) but I have seen a few people with cobras(modded ones to) jump on the C5 vette bandwagon. I am thinking I may just hop on without going with a mustang first.

To the 03/04 cobra guys -honestly is it worth the money?? I mean yea couple grand in mods and you have 500RWHP but would you do it agian? It is just that I have seen so many people with fast Fords jump on the vettes. I think a vette is truly what I want, should I just hold out and get one?

Back to the original post, get used to driving the car. Heads/Cam is just a mouse click away.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
nice car there :p I hope to pickup a used C5 in the next few years. I still dont know why ford and gm dont offer a heads up display on any car thats sporty at least. only the c5/c6/bonnevilles/grand prixs even offer it. I have it on both my GTPs, and my buddy bought his 02 c5 just for that reason lol.

keep the mustang too, its nice having both :)

DCAN87

Established Member
Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying this car. The only complaint I have is how low it is, I have a hard time getting it in or out of anywhere. I literally hit the front skirt 5+times today alone. But, that can be replaced with 4 botls, so it's all good. Bullet, drive both. The cobra is fast, but the vette is a whole different animal. It handles better, has a smoother ride, the shifter is a heck of alot closer and easier to use, the gauges are easy to read, and it has the comforts like dual climate control, and a nice Bose sound system. And the vette is even faster stock for stock. Not to mention the huge weight difference. I mean, both are nice cars and both are very fast, but the Z06 took it in my book. But, if I was looking for 500+RWHP cheap, the cobra would be my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread