New Car (i need YOUR help)

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
i have about 21K to spend on a new car.

i want something with the fun factor way up, and something reliable (drivetrain) and quick (13s).

on my list i have:
03 wrx
04 srt4

thats pretty much all for now if you guys have any ideas please help me out, but for now i wanna talk about the wrx vs srt4. buying either car i'd do a "stage 2" upgrade (mainly exhaust and ecu reflash/reprogram). i know the srt4 will be quicker from a roll and the wrx from a stop. the wrx would be good in the winter (i live in new england, but i don't NEED awd (i can take an extra family car and work is only about 3min away, and for the few "major" storms the AWD isnt a HUGE factor, but it would be nice).

only downfall coming from the wrx is they're WEAK trannys, only downfall from the srt4 is the cheapo interior. out of the two being in my situation (and only 20) which of the two cars would you pick?

byeofcr

Established Member
id prefer the AWD over the FWD.. Torque steer sucks and the WRX is a freight train through turns and it just pulls.

Squabbin

Established Member
With 21k you can afford a newer WRX than that as well as a used 05' SRT-4. I'de say if you can look long and hard go with an 06' WRX demo or very slightly used if you can find it. The 06' WRX now has a 2.5 liter and has a very sweet powerband when compared to the 2.0's of its previous years. GOOD LUCK either way!!

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
Here's a suggestion: :)

Two letters for you GN

Cheap insurance, good on gas and reliable from what I hear. And can be made VERY VERY VERY fast for the money you have left over. I'm talking 10 in the quarter baby! You should be able to find one around 15k then dump your remaining 6k in it and have a low 10 second steet car that you can fit four people in......and drive every day.

FIVELITERS

Silly Bastid
Established Member
Bel-Dooch said:
Here's a suggestion: :)

Two letters for you GN

Cheap insurance, good on gas and reliable from what I hear. And can be made VERY VERY VERY fast for the money you have left over. I'm talking 10 in the quarter baby! You should be able to find one around 15k then dump your remaining 6k in it and have a low 10 second steet car that you can fit four people in......and drive every day.

+1

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
if your gonna go with either the wrx or srt, go sit in both. the wrx has a way better interior. the seats are killer as is the steering wheel. (momo). and the shifter and pedals are exactly where they should be. you should be able to get a used 05 wrx with under 5k for around 21k or less.

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
LOL. On a SVT site asking should you buy an STi or SRT-4.

Oh and I would take the STi. They look ten times better.

what site should i be on? i wanted a 3rd parties point of view, if i go to a wrx site they'll all say wrx, if i go to a srt4 site they'll all say srt4. this is the "road side pub" aka an offtopic...i don't get it? :shrug:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Used mach 1. I picked up my 03 GT vert with only 13k miles in perfect condition for less than $20k. You can find a good mach 1 with 20-25k miles on it for around that price. If you really wanted an SRT-4, you can get a brand new one for right around $21 grand.

Users who are viewing this thread