New car, first car

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Insurance sucks... :cuss: couldnt get our mustang and the escape had engian trouble :mj: so just purchased a 2005 5-speed focus. Base model cause thats all I could afford for now. How long should I drive it before racing or playing with it to much. I know it aint the fastest thing in the world and I am not some stupid teen so I dont plan on racing on the street, I mean when is long enough to take it to the track? Just looking to have some fun at the track, learn to drive stick and then move to the gt.

Anyone else with a focus likes or dislikes????
I cant stand how the rims look, but that will change in time.

806441_21_full.jpg

806441_22_full.jpg

Last edited:

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
These cars have a lot of potential. I have a friend that used to have a black all motor focus with black wheels. He stripped the hell out of it; pretty much just a set of seats and a wheel inside. He built the motor and the thing was running 9.1's at the local 1/8th and that was spinning through second. Probably one of the most fun cars i've ever driven. If i were you i wouldn't pour 5 grand in it like he did. A focus is something you have to put a good amount of money in to make fast, aka turbo, supercharger etc. If i were you i'd lower it, maybe get a few breather mods like intake and catback, but mostly focus on wheels/tires/suspension. If you want to learn how to drive, join a local autocross club and buy some cheap rims and mount some victoracers on them.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Put in a built shortblock with a turbo kit, a/w intercooler, and boost away to 500fwhp. That's what they did in MM&FF if I remember correctly :-D

Nah, just kidding. Respect it, take care of it, and be thankful you have reliable transportation ;)

Ace5Oh

Established Member
ehh ill drive it still ford... ill drop it put some rims, suspension and then the engine work would begin lol...

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Nice car, you buy what you can afford.
Here is our Focus SE, lowered with H&R springs , Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Euro wheels...........still slow but looks good and is fun to drive, not to mention the great fuel mileage it gets.
dscf49347ks.jpg

dscf49325ea.jpg

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
here is my beater.....
1842_p23320.jpg

never taken it to the track, it's slow as hell, come to think of it I have only washed it once in over a year and a half. You can take yours to the track whenever you want, breakin's are a thing of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread