New camera time...

Jefe

Established Member
Love those screaming yellow pics, its close enough to mine that I can tell all my friends its my car hehe Post more if you have any!!

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
the 5d is an amazing body dude! i can't go that steep, but will be upgrading mine to the 7d next year. i know a few with the 5d and it's night and day over my 40d to say the least. congrats, and post up more pics once you get it dialed in!

I'm going to get a 7d myself :beer:

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
the 5d is an amazing body dude! i can't go that steep, but will be upgrading mine to the 7d next year. i know a few with the 5d and it's night and day over my 40d to say the least. congrats, and post up more pics once you get it dialed in!

I'm going to get a 7d myself :beer:

Yeah I was dead set on the 5D MkII and then I saw the annoucement of the 7D with specs. I was reeeeally tempted to save the $1k and go with it since I was used to a crop body and I could use my 10-22mm instead of selling it. I looked at hundreds of sample photos, some video samples, reviews, and comparisons between it and the 5DII. It came down to what I would be using the camera for mainly. The 7D is a speed freak and has a new autofocus system that is great for action- perfect for sports, auto racing, birds, etc. Then there's the 5D which is a lot slower in terms of frames per second and autofocusing, but is amazing at high ISOs, has a higher resolution, and from the samples I've seen, better image and video quality- where the full frame just shines.

It came down to what I would be using it for mainly. I have never shot sports or birds or really anything that requires the 7D's speed. Most of my shots are portraits and still shots of cars so the 5DII was the obvious choice. I hated selling my 10-22mm lens (which is what I used in the majority of the shots I posted), but I can get the 16-35mm or 17-40mm for the 5DII and get the same coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread