New CAI for the GT rides

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
> http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/GTcoldAirKit.htm <

This piece looks really nice, especially the powdercoated inlet from the mass-air to the throttle-body.

If you were to pull the headlight at the track, the filter will take on a "ram-air" effect right in the opening.

:thumbsup:

Nice unit I wonder if STB will fit over it?.... a little pricey though.

MINI_ME

Established Member
I just saw that the other day....was thinking about pickin up a filter like that once since I already have a air intake...it would'nt be hard to bend a piece of nice stainless to match that one....and I never thought about pullin the headlight out, thanks for the pointer.

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by MINI_ME
I just saw that the other day....was thinking about pickin up a filter like that once since I already have a air intake...it would'nt be hard to bend a piece of nice stainless to match that one....and I never thought about pullin the headlight out, thanks for the pointer.
I like it for a couple reasons:

1) No bend before the MAF (which leaned out my GT horribly, thank you DenseCharger.)

2) Open-element filter for more airflow.

3) Headlight lines up with the end of the filter, so the "ram air" effect will add some MPH on your 1/4 mile.

4) Powdercoated inlet tube from the MAF to the throttle-body won't build heat like an aluminum or chrome finished piece.

Big negative is the $$$, but you have the right idea in fabricating something similar for about half the cost.

MINI_ME

Established Member
exactly, I have a mac on mine....the actual shape of it is pretty close to the same...I just need a diffrent filter and I will be all set, thanks again! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread