New CA SMOG will i pass?

redx2c

Established Member
My 03 is pullied and tuned. The last Smog i did was in 2011 and all i had to do was put the stock H back on and pass.
Will the tune show up when they are checking the computer?

97snakebite

Established Member
you DO NOT need to de-tune your car.. only thing they read with the ODB is that all your systems are ready and your RPM.. you will have to put your stock h pipe on unless u have a catted X/H with good cats... If you fail let me know.. u might have to do a few tricks like pull a little timing .. also make sure you have all your emission stuff on like EGR, Air pump etc

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
you DO NOT need to de-tune your car.. only thing they read with the ODB is that all your systems are ready and your RPM.. you will have to put your stock h pipe on unless u have a catted X/H with good cats... If you fail let me know.. u might have to do a few tricks like pull a little timing .. also make sure you have all your emission stuff on like EGR, Air pump etc

you DO have to de-tune if your o2 sensors or warmers are turned off in the tune

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
My cars just pullied too, I just threw the stock h pipe back on didn't mess with the tune and passed just fine. This was in January 2013.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Stock H on and take MIls off and return to stock, make sure to drive ur car l;ike 40-60mi to re calibrate everything. you can leave ur tune in I have passed this way but make sure your rear O2s are not off.

v3lzie

lurker extraordinaire
Established Member
Having the rear O2s off is not a problem. You'll need a catted midpipe. Try the e85/iso heet trick if you're nervous and make sure the cats are hot. I passed (close but still a pass) in February with a tune and Bassani catted X.

Users who are viewing this thread