New buyer help. Yay or nay this deal?

69Mach1351w

Established Member
Guys- 2011 gt 500 black on black. Stripe delete. Svt performance package: New

Total out the door: $52,867 <--- tax title delivered
$51500

Plus 1 year free oil changes.

Tell me if this is a good deal or not?
Not to start a duplicate thread but if you comment would you mind telling me how much you paid for similar?

Thanks in advance :beer:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Maybe back in 2010 it would have been a great deal but now that the 2012 are ready to be ordered you should be able to get a 2012 for that price. I would think more of the 48.5 to 49K range. Just my 2 cents

69Mach1351w

Established Member
^True the 2012 are do out soon. But do we know when? Like a tangible date/time.

If i pre-order or buy a 2012 I'm sure the price will start at 55k + right?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Guys- 2011 gt 500 black on black. Stripe delete. Svt performance package: New

Total out the door: $52,867 <--- tax title delivered
$51500

Plus 1 year free oil changes.

Tell me if this is a good deal or not?
Not to start a duplicate thread but if you comment would you mind telling me how much you paid for similar?

Thanks in advance :beer:

I know of an exact car you could buy in Atlanta, and it has 300 miles on it. pm me your email and I'll forward the owners contact information. Actually, it's on AutoTrader.com :beer:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah can't give an exact quote but your basically paying the sticker price for a car that is already a year old. I would pay 49K all day. That is just me and my opinion. Look at it like this your going to get what people think all day. At the end of the day you are the one spending the money and have to be happy with the deal. If your not worrying about money you would not even be up here. You are looking for a good deal and want others to reassure you of it.

So again if it were me I would offer 48.5 and be prepared to go for the 49K. I'm sure that if you have the financing or cash already in place and all the dealer has to do is basically complete the paperwork on the sale and not resource the financer of the deal he will let it go for 48.5. Just take care of the taxes on your end. I always pay my own sale taxes and titling when I buy cars and have financing in place. That way you are negotating the price only and not getting hit with the behind the scene fees.

Besides there are already used 11's for sale that would save you a pretty penny. Hey the country is in a recession and dealers are trying to get the best but the know that this car is not rare. It will not bring the mark ups the 07 did. Patience is worth money these days

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
If you have to come on an internet forum to ask if it's a good deal then it is not a good deal to you...PASS ON IT. Would be a good deal to some and not to others, cuz someone else can always get a better deal somewhere else.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
How much time did you spend negotiating? Was that their first offer? Need more info. Did you by chance look at their sales board that lists how many cars each person has sold that month and find your salesman's name to see where he ranks? Are you pre-approved or do you need them to finance for you?

Give them your best offer and if they decline, just walk away and see what they do.

bull3441

Established Member
if it had the electronics package as well i'd say good deal. plus has the car been in doors or outside for a year? there's a dealer near me that still has an untitled 2010 white/silver stripes. he refuses to go below sticker!

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
At this point and time he will be keeping it lol unless some fool buys it. There is no way I would pay sticker for a 10 and 12 are right around the corner. If people would stick together dealers like him would be out of business losing what crazy profits they were looking for. Leaving the consumer to better purchase these cars at reasonable prices

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yeah can't give an exact quote but your basically paying the sticker price for a car that is already a year old. I would pay 49K all day.

Total Price: inv. $48,340 msrp $53,490

Add on about 9% for tax title and licensing fees invoice and msrp jump to

inv. 52690.6 msrp 58304.1 otd pricing.

The op got quoted invoice pricing on a gt500 svt pack and you say its too high?:bash:

The Dealer is offering the op a gt500 at 5500 off msrp. Hell yes a brand new $48k gt500 is a good deal!:beer: If I were the op I would jump on it, if thats the color combo you want.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
wouldnt the cars price be at least 48.5 or lower with the final otd price being 52xxx? im with on d bit on this 1

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
At this point and time he will be keeping it lol unless some fool buys it. There is no way I would pay sticker for a 10 and 12 are right around the corner. If people would stick together dealers like him would be out of business losing what crazy profits they were looking for. Leaving the consumer to better purchase these cars at reasonable prices

Where in the world did he say the offer was sticker. He said the offer was invoice or just above(200 or 300) + oil changes for the year! Invoice is 5500 below sticker.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

It's a 2011....

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I have a 2011 on order for $48,245 SVT Performance Package, Kona Blue white Stripe, Blk/Blk Int. Should be in by end of March.

Last edited:

69Mach1351w

Established Member
All, thanks for the great responses.

Reason I'm on the board asking question is because I did some research before going to dealer, just started shopping for GT 500's and this one deal will build a great starting price point for me on what to expect.

2011, black on black, electronics package, svtpp, been indoors for it's life.

I hear you guys on the 2012, but I would be paying what? Back up to $?
My concern is doing some research here on the boards, we are getting mixed reviews about the release date of them.

Thanks again for the great replies!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Total Price: inv. $48,340 msrp $53,490

Add on about 9% for tax title and licensing fees invoice and msrp jump to

inv. 52690.6 msrp 58304.1 otd pricing.

The op got quoted invoice pricing on a gt500 svt pack and you say its too high?:bash:

The Dealer is offering the op a gt500 at 5500 off msrp. Hell yes a brand new $48k gt500 is a good deal!:beer: If I were the op I would jump on it, if thats the color combo you want.

Exactly finally someone who knows what there talking about. Op its a great deal for car in that option package.

Users who are viewing this thread