New but not so new

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Hey all been on here for a while, first time actually posting a thread on this forum. The name is brian I drive a 2009 GT500 vapor silver. Car has C&L CAI Metco 2.6 upper and metco auxillary idler. Tuned by lamotta performance in orlando put down a max of 555/559. As with all GT500 the mod bug has bitten and bitten hard... only problem is the bug has bitten but the funds are no where to be found... down the road I plan to get the car in the 700-800hp range one way or another (whatever happen to the days of 500hp being HOLY S**T fast). Other car is a 2007 Stage 3 Roush BlackJack #89 of 100 aka the garage whore...

shelby1.jpg

Shelby.jpg

shelby2.jpg

dynosheet.jpg

roush1.jpg

RicerMath.jpg

thought i would throw in one of my favorite "bash" shirts that I saw at the stampede last weekend... just thought i would share

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
car looks great. love the wheels. lower it and you're all set

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Ditch the Roush and build the "Man Motor", sorry I had to say that, just kidding!! :poke:

That Black Jack is a clean looking car!!:thumbsup:

I was in Ormond a couple of weeks ago for a stay on the beach. It was during the weekend of the air show.

Welcome.

R

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Ditch the Roush and build the "Man Motor", sorry I had to say that, just kidding!! :poke:

That Black Jack is a clean looking car!!:thumbsup:

I was in Ormond a couple of weeks ago for a stay on the beach. It was during the weekend of the air show.

Welcome.

R

Hopefully the roush will be worth more than was paid for it someday... will it happen doubt it but hey wishful thinking... and the car is 100% stock and clean as can be... rarely comes out of the garage, kinda praire dog style - out and back in.. I'm surprised you know where Ormond is 95% of people say HUH when i say ormond beach... so i just say daytona beach when someone asks where i'm from...

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hopefully the roush will be worth more than was paid for it someday... will it happen doubt it but hey wishful thinking... and the car is 100% stock and clean as can be... rarely comes out of the garage, kinda praire dog style - out and back in.. I'm surprised you know where Ormond is 95% of people say HUH when i say ormond beach... so i just say daytona beach when someone asks where i'm from...

Daytona is too busy. We can see the pier from our motel room in Ormond. We stay there for a long weekend every year, same motel, same penthouse, same weekend before bikeweek.

The Roush cars are nice.............What I have found is that they have their following, but when original MSRP/new price is compared to market prices 2-3-4 years later, they have dropped considerably in comparision to the GT500 and it's original selling price vs. its current market value for cars of comparable condition and miles. The quicker a car drops in a short period of time, the longer it takes to regain and realize any sort of investment. I believe that one factor in this quick $$$ decrease in the Roush is that it is a warmed up Mustang GT (4.6 3V) and not a 5.4 DOHC 4V. This difference alone is of great value, or not. If Roush started with a GT500 as their base car for some of the upper models, there may be a closer price comparision in the market, but then their top models would be through the roof in price, so the Mustang GT has to be the starting point. I like the Roush's, but I have also watched them basically since the mid-90's and have followed/compared them first to the SVT Cobra's in that time period, and now GT500's. I also have followed the Saleen's and the Steeda's somewhat and compare them from time to time to see what certain models cost new, and then what their current $$$ value is.

R

Last edited:

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
I've been in Ormond,, nice place, as Daytona. I love all the east coast from Cocoa up. At least you can swim in the ocean without contracting some wierd infection in your body like down here in Miami Beach. Most summers the beach is closed for high level of bacteria in the water. Up there the water is clean and beatiful. Anyways. Nice Gt 500. I think I saw you at the stampede I was there last weekend. The Roush, I would not lift my hopes on value. Those lose value tooo fast and too low. For them to give you your money back(only) you are gonna have to wait 30 years at least. So sell that, so some young dude can enjoy it and race the hell out of it. Don't be gridy... lol

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Anyways. Nice Gt 500. I think I saw you at the stampede I was there last weekend.

Yeah I saw your car parked up by franks garage if i'm not mistaken... has the alcoas on it??? My buddy had the truck backed up to the garage full of stuff... nice looking car yourself... and as for swimmin in the ocean here just dont swim near ponce inlet... plenty of annual shark attacks there hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread