New Build HCI and New Forged Bottom End--Pic Heavy

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Very solid flow numbers. Real close to JPC stage 3 ported heads.

I'm looking at the difference between their stock flow numbers and their after porting flow numbers. Large 209 CC runner is going to hurt the motor's mid-range torque a little, but I'm more concerned with the racing powerband which is where the larger runner shines.

corysmach1

Established Member
I'm looking at the difference between their stock flow numbers and their after porting flow numbers. Large 209 CC runner is going to hurt the motor's mid-range torque a little, but I'm more concerned with the racing powerband which is where the larger runner shines.

Yep....You want the most flow up top. These cars racing live between 5k-8k RPM.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Update, my ported cyl. heads showed up today. I can't wait to get them on.

Unfortunately, my engines compression will be lower than anticipated and calculated to 10.76 to 1.
347fc429-dabb-45ba-9150-d0ccd66cec41_zpsuabbubqh.jpg

0420171819_zpscdvuflgs.jpg

0420171816_zps5zhj7m1c.jpg

0420171815_HDR_zpsikd5wgkr.jpg

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Thanks, Sniper

Here are a couple pics of the chambers and of some misc parts that go back on the cyl. heads.

I'm going to have to open up the ports on the CJ to match the ports on the cyl. heads.

0423171623a1.jpg

04231716251.jpg

04231716241.jpg

04231716251.jpg

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
A little update, I ordered custom crank scraper and windage tray. Another picture assembling the heads and a picture with the cyl. heads installed.

I might go to a stand alone PCM next year to turn more RPMS. Hence the need for better oil control. The coyotes tend to starve oil from the rods because all of the oil is sucked up out of the pan. This new oil setup will allow oil to return to the pan's sump faster and give a little bit more HP on the top end.

I'm excited to see what this car runs in the mountains of Colorado. I know down at sea level this car, with a little more suspension, would run a digit.

DSCN0805_1.jpg[/URL
]

0429171003.jpg[/URL
]

0430170931b.jpg

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
What all machine work was needed for the new block? Love your build!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
They come ready to build with one exception, it needed deburring. But everthing else was machined and ready for parts. I choose to opened up the piston skirt to wall clearance .001 bigger then factory because I run nitrous.

Sent from my VS995 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I'm going to update tomorrow or the next day, but the short story is that I've been waiting for a crank scraper for two months--I'm starting to become a little frustrated.

vortecd

Established Member
I would put the motor together and do the scraper later. I have changed an oil pan with the motor in the car and it isn't that hard. Just drop the k-member some

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I would put the motor together and do the scraper later. I have changed an oil pan with the motor in the car and it isn't that hard. Just drop the k-member some

That's exactly what I've done, once work slows down a little I finish the write-up. I hope that I'll have it running this Saturday, but we'll see if the fuel pump arrives in time.

Users who are viewing this thread