New brakes - Best bling with improved performance on limited budget

03Predator

Established Member
First of all, I'm a 46 year old mom so I won't be tracking or [hopefully] braking very hard. So my needs are mostly...I want something that looks good with a bit better pedal feel. My budget is about $1500. I've been looking at the usual suspects;Wilwood, Baer and Brembo. I'm kind of shying away from Stoptech and like brands, mostly because I don't know much about them. In my experience, price DOES matter most of the time.

I've checked multiple sites and prices seem to vary by a few hundred dollars for each kit. I don't need six pistons or 14" rotors. I'm really leaning toward the Wilwood kit on AM 'casue it looks good and is 4 piston. Open to others, though, if price is right. Also what fluid and pads do you all recommend? I saw that DOT4 and Hawk pads are good?

Thanks!

94slowbra1

Established Member
The 13" wilwood kit on AM is a 6 piston kit, not a bad thing. Also has two piece rotors which is a plus. If I could fit big brake behind my ccw wheels that would most likely be the kit I would go with. Also I'd look at the 00r brembo 4 piston kit. Great stopping power and a little cheaper. Also check out the baer 6p calipers that use our existing rotors. With that being said the wilwood kit is a nice complete kit: new 6 piston calipers, 2 piece rotors and new pads. Just add stainless lines

03Predator

Established Member
Thank you for the input. I thought the Wilwood kit was only 4 piston! 6 isn't a BAD thing I suppose. I need new rotors anyway, so might as well throw some bling on there otherwise I'd go with the 00R kit.

If you were to piece together a kit with $1500, what would you buy?

94slowbra1

Established Member
Personally if you are looking for a 13" kit with everything that also looks the part I'd go with the wilwood set up. 6 pistons and a 2 piece rotor, can't beat it. It's $100 more than your budget but worth it. I like the baer 6p stuff but it's 1200 without rotors, which you need. Add on another 500 for a 2 piece rotor. If you are not in desperate need you can wait till AM puts it on sale again, believe I saw it for $1350 once before. It's a nice set up.

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I personally have the 13in 6 piston wilwood kit and it preforms just as good as it looks. I would say the Wilwoods because they look great and are a decent price. I cant wait to get my saleens on so they are a little more noticeable!

Uv5FoY.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread