New Black 2013 GT Premium w/ Track Pack

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
Gents,

I brought this home yesterday. Its a 2013 Black GT Premium with the Track Package and all weather floor mats. My first assessment is that it is a blast to drive. I have owned other nice cars in the past not one has been as fast as this thing. It brought a smile to my face that my wife had not seen in a long time. The best sports/muscle car around for the money IMO.

Interior materials
Ambient Lighting
Track Apps
Sync
Torsen Rear End
Seats
Headlights
Tails
Engine
Wheels
Hood
Use of Regular Gas

Dislikes:
Numbers on the speedo and tach
quite exhaust
ride height
grill
foglamp placement
Map light housing
all weather mats
Location of cup holder

It was interesting that when I got it, it had 9x miles on it. There was a sticker on the windshield that read something like "Dear new Ford owner, you car was randomly chosen for quality control testing at the Ford Factory and was sent to the dealership with 68 miles on it.." It had a small scuff mark on the front bumper, the dealer was going to respray it for my but I asked that they put on a 3M Clear Bra instead and they agreed. I will keep it stock for now, but get the windows tinted asap. Mods will be light; mufflers, tune maybe etc. On the way home from church today I had two people role down their windows and tell me what a nice car it was. Felt good. Thanks ford.

Colby

2013 GT Premium with Track Pack

DSC04256.jpg

DSC04263.jpg

DSC04260.jpg

DSC04255.jpg

DSC04254.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04252.jpg

M3_Dust

Established Member
just FYI, while the car technically will run on regular gas by using the knock sensors to radically dial-back the timing and reduce the power output, you are not doing your engine any favors, it absolutely is designed to operate on 91 octane minimum, the engine has an 11:1 compression ratio. You are saving ~ $3/tank if you use regular instead of premium fuel.

Beautiful car, congrats and enjoy, I love mine more and more all of the time.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Likes and dislikes are right on all beside one. I like the fog light on the 13 because they are so bright. But great write up.

T.Bone

Established Member
Just picked mine up last night, it's also Black w/Recaro's and 3:73 gears. Couldn't have too much fun since it was raining, but I really enjoyed the ride to work this morning.

First thing the wife said when I pulled into the drive was it needs to be lowered and louder. It's time to start modding already, got to keep the wife happy right...

ViciousJay

Established Member
great looking car but good luck keeping it clean, i swore off black after owning my 2011... way too much up keep the older i get

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
Thanks for the info on the gas M3, still a new owner so wasnt tracking that.

Kingnut, I love the output just not so crazy about the placement or size much like the CS front better, but the LED lights are wicked cool and bright.

Gen2, the tires are the stock summer Pirelli PZeros. Looked them up on tirerack before buying the car and they go for 350 a pop. FML when its time to replace.

I was supposed to take it in to the dealer today to have the clear bra put on and the watermarks on the roof buffed out, but it was raining today so I am going to postpone.

Tbone, Congrats on the new stallion, how do you like the seats? I wish my wife would say that to me! After the price of this thing she's not letting anything happen for a while! But as soon as I get the green light those will be the first things to happen, as long as the ride is as smooth as it is now, I love the ride.

What do you all think about some red racing stripes? just brainstorming....

Last edited:

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
VJ, I was torn between Sterling Gray, Deep Blue, and this Black. The deciding factor was that they had this black in stock on the lot for about 1500 less than if I were to get a blue one with the same options from the dealer in Conneticut. Or I could have waited the 8 weeks for a special order. I had a black civic si that I bought new and know full well what it takes to keep clean. This will only be driven on nice day and I still have all of the ZANO stuff for waxing and buffing. You cant beat the look of black when it shines though.

ViciousJay

Established Member
VJ, I was torn between Sterling Gray, Deep Blue, and this Black. The deciding factor was that they had this black in stock on the lot for about 1500 less than if I were to get a blue one with the same options from the dealer in Conneticut. Or I could have waited the 8 weeks for a special order. I had a black civic si that I bought new and know full well what it takes to keep clean. This will only be driven on nice day and I still have all of the ZANO stuff for waxing and buffing. You cant beat the look of black when it shines though.

unless its silver with metallic in it, my car glows at night and pops hard under good lighting

T.Bone

Established Member
Tbone, Congrats on the new stallion, how do you like the seats? I wish my wife would say that to me! After the price of this thing she's not letting anything happen for a while! But as soon as I get the green light those will be the first things to happen, as long as the ride is as smooth as it is now, I love the ride.

What do you all think about some red racing stripes? just brainstorming....

I really like the seats, that was the only option that I had to have. I could only find 2 in the area that had them and I kinda wanted the car before Mustang Alley this weekend.

I kinda wanted performance white since it is much easier to keep clean, like ViciousJay said black can be a pain. Had a 2000 Black Lightning and it was tough to keep it shining.

Red and black look good, I like the look of the black/grey stripes on the black GT500's. I think that is the route I will go if I stripe it.

I am lucky that my wife has always enjoyed my cars, she loved the terminator and didn't want me too sell it, now she wants this one to sound and perform like it did.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Congrats on the new car, OP. Black is definitely a sexy color, just not a good color choice for this Texas summer for me.

Not sure how loud you are wanting the exhaust, but GT500 mufflers over, by far, the best bang for the buck on these cars.

And for tires, there are MUCH better options out there for tires besides the stock PZeros. Just do some researching and find what best suits your need.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
great looking car but good luck keeping it clean, i swore off black after owning my 2011... way too much up keep the older i get

+1. I almost bought a new mustang like Jay did because of the upkeep with this car. Be sure to buy porter cable and meguiars 105 and 205 for the swirls you will soon get if you don't have them already. I swear my paint gets swirls just looking at it. You could have the best micro fiber towels ect, doesn't matter. BUT for that half a day it does get washed and cleaned I wouldn't want any other color than black. Nice looking car!

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
Yea man I learned how to do all that on my last car. I actually enjoy it. This winter I will put some hours into that paint. Probably a multi stage Zano kit. Love your car btw. looks hella mean. What tint did you go with?

ViciousJay

Established Member
+1. I almost bought a new mustang like Jay did because of the upkeep with this car. Be sure to buy porter cable and meguiars 105 and 205 for the swirls you will soon get if you don't have them already. I swear my paint gets swirls just looking at it. You could have the best micro fiber towels ect, doesn't matter. BUT for that half a day it does get washed and cleaned I wouldn't want any other color than black. Nice looking car!

i got mine for more then just color, i got it for the packages and hids and rear tails and the seats and just about everything else, now im going home to enjoy a nice ride home in 2 min :D

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
That is the reason I went with the black, it was that or order it in a different color and wait 8 weeks.Enjoy your ride home!

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
Car looks fantastic man! These '13s are really growing on me, especially the darker colored cars. My Perf White '12 had the same sticker in the glove box when I took delivery of it in April '11. Same 68 miles too. Now time to start modding!
List should include exhaust, shorty antenna, intake/tune, and short shifter.
I just installed my MGW on my car last night and let me tell you it's night and day compared with the factory piece. Happy modding!

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
Thanks bro. Yea with the new headlights, color matched moldings, tails, hood, etc. they are begining to look more high end IMO, almost European. I haven't had any compaints on my shifter yet, when I test drive the car and chirped third the saleman complimented my shifting, I said it was the car, LOL. I have heard great things about the MGW though when I was modding my 96 cobra.

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
Coming from a '10 Mazdaspeed 3, which had a TERRIBLE factory shifter/clutch the stock GT shifter actually wasnt too bad. With my tune/intake/exhaust I could sometimes chirp 3rd and even 4th with it in optimal conditions, but the MGW just feels waaaaayyy better. Not to mention I would miss 3rd gear 3/5 times with the stock piece when power shifting. The MGW inner dust boot is a PAIN to get on, but other than that the install went smoothly with the car on jack stands. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

"It'll Run"

Established Member

Congrats bud....what dealer in Md. did you end up getting it from? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread