New Bike

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Update, my old 2010 WR250X was stolen on July 5 2011. Only had it for 7 days before they stole it with 995 miles on it. I finally settled with the Insurance Company and the hunt was on. I looked at a 2011, but I really loved my 2010, the graphics just sing to me. I finally located 1 about 150 miles from me. I called the guy and it was on & here is the result!!!

She only had 657 miles on her, with alot of goodies. :)

FMF Power Programmer
FMF slip on Pipe (Spark Arrestor Removed) ;) Fire
Protaper Bar and decent Hand Protectors, nice grips
Skid Plate and R model bottom flarings
44Tooth Renthal +2 gear out back, stock up front
Air box Mod, EGR removed, Ais Removed, sim plug in exhaust valve circuit
No check engine light while ripping to 11.5K :)
Air Filter and Magnetic drain plug

I picked up a 12mm Big Black Mamba Chain to lock her up with. Going to also get a 14mm Onguard Beast soon. After my 1st bike got stolen, I figure 2 fat sick chains and locks, if they can get though that, with out me unloading. Then they wouldn't got it no matter what. Loving riding thou, this bitch is the shit. :) 865 and counting, not bad for 2 days ownership. :)

CFRacer22

Established Member
Nice. I have a XR650L that I 'tarded out, so much fun, wheelies, stairs, curbs, trails, whatever. You should have upgraded in the power dept once it was stolen though, maybe a DRZ400 or something.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
The Wr250's are fuel injected and with the goodies, they're quite fun. It will run away from car's at a street lights. On roads with speed limits of 55mph+ the engine doesn't feel small. Only take a couple of shifts to break 60mph, hell I hit 90mph with mine not even trying, still had more left. I'm 280lb+ with gear and backpack. :) 6'4"

The details on the bike are second to none in the 250 market. A 450 version would be the cat's ass, I agree with you on that, but. It is what it is, a sweet 250 FI supermoto for the street. It does it all soo good, makes you ride it.

1005 miles second oil change, looks butter. :)

from the 20-70 mph range this bike owns, especially on shit roads. Little, light, nimble, makes you work for it(6sd), 5$ to fill, well mannered, 26K valve service, joy. Trust me. :) If you rode it, you would buy 1.
'

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Update

took air box lid off
tuned the FMF

I hit 100mph with it on the freeway the other day. It can shake or buffit in the wind,(90-95mph) but I was surprised it did 100mph no problem.

averaging around 60+mpg easy even with the beatings. :)

It's around 28-30whp now, not fast but it's gets the job done. The engine and tranny make the bike in the 1st 4 gears roll out. The 6sd tranny with dual overdrive makes the freeway a reality. The bike is never under powered in the 1-4 the area. Does well on the freeway, but it's a upright bike so hold on when you twist it. You will have to tuck but it's all good. :)

Got 1700 miles now. I'm telling you this is the most fun 250cc bike on the planet. :)

I found this interesting :) [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOblGBCKsE"]--Ninja250Rvs---wr250x 0-400m - -- - ---- - ----_3.flv - YouTube[/nomedia]

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
love the bike... looks like a lot of fun.

ever take if off road?

Thanks
Not hardcore offroad, but I do enjoy the horse trails and dirt roads. :) Railroad tracks are 4th gear fun. :) 90% street 10% dirt

Advice for any rider. Don't die.

I just enjoy riding, not trying to impress people, but understand the other driver factor. Left turns are killers. :) Especially when in front of you. :)
Stay safe. :rockon:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i might get a bike like this in spring... but probably a suzuki dzr 400sm. the bigger bike would suit me better being 6 foot 3 inches, 245 pounds.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
All I can think about with dirt bikes is John Connor and his buddy on the back fist pumping the boombox with some radical 80's rock.

Users who are viewing this thread