new best

onesickcobra

Established Member
well ok after melting 2 pistons due to a bad frps got her back together. mod r 90mm maf with mac cai,3 inch x with dynomax with dumps,upr adj uppers solid lowers,lakwood 50/50s,and solid axle swap with 3.73. motor is stage 3 port eaton with 2.93 upper and met 4# lower with 100mm idlers,mail order tune from rwtd. with this best was 7.83 on my street tires full weight car. put on sum qa1 10 wats and took off sway bar and last nite went 7.65 with a 1.75 60ft. my ? is will i pick up sum et with a tube k member and a 2.76 blower pulley. i need to get this thing n the high 40s to low 50s got put out by a 526 cubed cuda with indy heads he went 7.58. help please

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
wheel r 17 9 and 17 10 1/2 with sumotomo 275 40s frt and 315 35s on back nt dr just regular street tires
Lot of folks don't realize that good tires not only help with imporved 60' times, but also help with traction with gear shifting. And by throwing that solid rear in there without removing any weight from the front of the car, you've actually just made your front to rear weight transfer dynamics even poorer.

A tubular K member, lightweight battery up front, removal of the front sway bar, and a good slick/skinny setup, should get you to 7.20's at worst, without even changing the car's power. So many folks just throw power at the car and expect it to perform at the track, but it usually won't unless the suspension is setup up reasonable well.

onesickcobra

Established Member
well the class i run is a true radial no dr or slicks alowed. i need it to run 7.45 to 7.50 on the true radial need all the help i can get with wieght tho. did put the drs on today and went 6.92 with a 1.54 60 ft

03SVTKB

Established Member
You do drop a significant amount of weight with a tublar k member.
More boost and more hp should help you go faster also. If you can plant/use that power.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Lot of folks don't realize that good tires not only help with imporved 60' times, but also help with traction with gear shifting. And by throwing that solid rear in there without removing any weight from the front of the car, you've actually just made your front to rear weight transfer dynamics even poorer.

A tubular K member, lightweight battery up front, removal of the front sway bar, and a good slick/skinny setup, should get you to 7.20's at worst, without even changing the car's power. So many folks just throw power at the car and expect it to perform at the track, but it usually won't unless the suspension is setup up reasonable well.

:rockon:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
well the class i run is a true radial no dr or slicks alowed. i need it to run 7.45 to 7.50 on the true radial need all the help i can get with wieght tho. did put the drs on today and went 6.92 with a 1.54 60 ft
Awesome!!!! Great job! Now we're talking.....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread