New Best

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Got the opportunity to run my truck wednesday night at Cecil. After running a best of 11.5@118. The start of winter prevented any more progress. I changed a few things over the winter including bigger pulley and intercooler resevour, and also took out some weight.
The weather was to be cool and fairly dry, so I drove 220 miles to Md. and prepped the truck for racing. I installed grill block offs, slicks and had run down there on some lighter fronts(not quite skinnys). I ran cooling fans and ived the intercooler. Went into the staging lanes with temps in the mid 50s. Some moisture building, and a slight head/crossing wind. Got to the box and heated them up good.
The run started with a noticable amount of tire spin, but it pulled real strong through the midrange. Ran it out through the traps thinking it was a pretty good pass. I could not believe the results when I got the slip. It read [email protected]!!! I was expecting, or hoping for 11.4@120. Needless to say I was thrilled with the #s.
Thank you to Team JDM for the solid foundation. The truck runs flawlessly and is exactly where I wanted it to be. The MP blower although bashed by some is proving to be a good choice. The tune on the truck is a very mild race tune. I will be stepping up the tune soon, but also adding a nitrous kit.
I also wanted to thank everyone who has helped with advice along the way, both online and at the track.
Jim

boca ron

Banned
nice run dude, so much for the mp wont make power bashing crap, i cant wait to see some n20 assist #s. 124 mph trap all blower/motor no sauce is great all i can say is wow. :beer:

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
NICE #'s! Im getting my baby back from JDM mid may. They are good people, who do great things with L's. Quick ?'s, what was your weight, and what kind of power are you making? Thanks. Great runs!

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Running about 19#s currently in good air. Truck weight unknown. I have removed swaybars, tire carrier and hitch. Also the taigate at the track. I also weigh 290lbs so it is no lightweight, although I am working on lightening it up for the fall season.
Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread