New best with the 03 Today

93SVT#18

Established Member
Went a 11.72 @ 118.36 with a 1.80 60'. The car had a little spark knock in the top of 3rd gear and into 4th. The detonation was a little scary. Didnt want to blow a hole in a piston. It did it the first time and I thought it may me a little heat soaked so I jumped the intercooler pump and let it run for a while. I ran again about a hour later and it ran good but had the detonation again. So after that i called it a day. What do you guys think with my mods? Do you think that the detonatin slowed me down any. I was hoping for better times.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Pretty good times for those dyno #'s. I def. think that the detonation would've affected your times. What kind of DR's u runnin?

93SVT#18

Established Member
Wore out Nittos. Have a set of Mickeys sitting in the garage but have not put them on yet. Dont know if the clutch can hold up to them. I need to get with mile hi and see if i can get these things worked out. I thought that my combo should have a little more hp than it it does. Never had a problem with detonation until today. Wonder if i got a hold of some bad gas or if someone put the wrong octane in the wrong tank.

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Be careful out there bro.... If you keep drag racing with detonation, your clutch will be the least of your concerns... Did you ever get your car dynoed somewhere else to get the A/F checked?

93SVT#18

Established Member
No I havent. After my last tune from you the a/f looked good. Was supposed to be pertty safe from what I understand via our discussion on the private forum at milehi. I need to get with you and see if we can get something figured out. Any help would be appriciated. Found another dyno here that may be willing to do a live dyno session. Doesnt make since though. Never had this problem until today. See edit of above post. Bad Gas? Thats why I called it quits. Not going back until I get something done. It was pretty obvious though. Hope I didnt hurt anything. Seemed to run fine on the way home. What can I check to make sure everything is alright. Plugs?

Last edited:

93SVT#18

Established Member
Check the edit on the above post. Was the first time at the track though since the tune and pulley. Weather when dynoed 95 degrees. Weather today 60 degrees. Thanks for chiming in here Scott.

Last edited:

93SVT#18

Established Member
Mial order tune. I went to the dyno. Gave him the results and he did some fine tuning. Need to do a live dyno session to do some more fine tuning. Colorado is to far away to go there. Probally be a 2500 mile round trip. Hell I dont have to many more miles on the car than that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread