New Best With 03 Cobra

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
The only two power mods I have so far are Borla Stingers and FIPK. I ran a 12.179 at 114.96 MPH Thursday night at Atco. The 11's might be possible with no other mods on a cooler night and a little more practice launching on the M/Ts.

Paul

MPsvt04

SVT
Established Member
Great run. I was reading in disbelief until I saw that you are running slicks. Still impressive though. Definite 11s with pulley mod, even deeper in 11s with a tune.

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by jawsdsg03
How are you running slicks on the stock IRS?

I bought a set of 17" M/T ET Streets and had them mounted on a set of stock rims. No problems so far. They work great, I can't get them to spin off the line at all no matter how high I rev it.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Originally posted by jawsdsg03
How are you running slicks on the stock IRS?

He is running MT ET streets which I believe are
drag radials. MT ET Drags are the slicks.

dsg03

Established Member
Ohhh, you must have bougth the ne ET street Radials, i like those i have heard a lot of good things about them. Congrats on the nice run.

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Originally posted by TheYellowCobra
I bought a set of 17" M/T ET Streets and had them mounted on a set of stock rims. No problems so far. They work great, I can't get them to spin off the line at all no matter how high I rev it.

Good to hear, I talked to a guy at BG last weekend who was using these also, very impressive. When these Nittos are toast, I'm buying a set of those too. The soft sidewall is easier on the drivetrain than DR's.

I watched a bone stock mach 1 get a 1.74-60' with them, sidestepping the clutch at 5,500.

Congrats on your run. :beer:
Like you, I believe an 11sec pass is possible with only the FIPK and catback as the only power mods with traction.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
hmmmmmmmm, that run must of been when I wasn't paying attention.

Nice times, what time at night did you get it?? I left at 9ish, couldn't hook for shit and once again, they wouldn't let et street/drag cars stage in the groove. I ended up not even trying the spray.

PS: I was the DSG 03 cobra running 11.6's at 119/120.

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by ITSTOCK
hmmmmmmmm, that run must of been when I wasn't paying attention.

Nice times, what time at night did you get it?? I left at 9ish, couldn't hook for shit and once again, they wouldn't let et street/drag cars stage in the groove. I ended up not even trying the spray.

PS: I was the DSG 03 cobra running 11.6's at 119/120.

Thanks, that run was made at 10:24 PM. That was the only run where the car was completely cooled down. I only ran 12.7s the first 3 runs with the car hot and not launching well. The 4th run I got a 12.3 with the car cooled down a little and launching it better. I didn't see your car that night. I was in the front of lane 9, so I didn't get to see anyone run who was in lane 9 or 10. Here's the timeslip from the 12.17 run.

timeslip1217.gif

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Thanks guys. I would recommend the ET Streets to anybody. I'm just starting to get used to them. With near stock HP you have to leave the line at a high RPM or it will bog because the traction is so good. Also, I was looking at the Mickey Thompson tires and I don't have the new ET Street Radials, mine are just called ET Street. The new ones have a unidirectional tread pattern. They look nice and you could probably drive them in the rain without any problems. I might get a set of them next.

03RedCobra

Established Member
Okay, I've got a question here.......How the HECK did you get a 7.8 second in the 1/8th, with your 60-foot at 1.82 ?? Were you powershifting ??

I got a 1.76 60-foot with an 8.2 sec 1/8th. My Mods are Apten CAI, MagnaFlow catback, and Pro5.0 shifter. Either I shift like a granny, or, something is wrong with the car.

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03RedCobra
Okay, I've got a question here.......How the HECK did you get a 7.8 second in the 1/8th, with your 60-foot at 1.82 ?? Were you powershifting ??

I got a 1.76 60-foot with an 8.2 sec 1/8th. My Mods are Apten CAI, MagnaFlow catback, and Pro5.0 shifter. Either I shift like a granny, or, something is wrong with the car.

I haven't powershifted yet, I guess I granny shift fast. It was a cool night, in the mid 50's. What was the weather like when you got that time, and did you let the car cool down? About a year ago when the car was completely stock I ran 8.175 in the 1/8 at 88.90 MPH with a 1.986 60' time. That's a great 60' time, how did you get it, and what type of tires did you use? I want to be in the 1.7 range. I'm still getting used to the M/T Streets, that night was only the second time I used them at the track.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Seeing your times makes me think my terminator is slower than most. Mods at the time...... Nitto's, 9in open K&N, stinger catback and pro 5.0 shifter. I out 60'd you, beat ya to the 3.30 mark and end up with an 8.17 @ 86. I've since switched out my open K&N with a MAC straight flow, and added a midpipe. This got my mph up to 89.9 ish, but the nitto's are ready for the dumpster. Great runs. Just got me thinking. :dontknow:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Originally posted by 03RedCobra

The yellow Cobra has a stock dyno rating in 383 RWHP.
My Cobra had a rating of 369 RWHP. He has a very high
horsepower, stock Cobra. That and probably his driving
give him his low ET's.
Ken

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Originally posted by KenCobra03
The yellow Cobra has a stock dyno rating in 383 RWHP.
My Cobra had a rating of 369 RWHP. He has a very high
horsepower, stock Cobra. That and probably his driving
give him his low ET's.
Ken

All driving aside, I did get out of the hole a little cleaner, and had a quicker time through the 330 mark (not by much, but it was quicker none the less). I powershift the piss out my cobra and would have been ran down if my car was in the opposite lane. I'm not taking anything away from anyone, as he's definately doing something better than me because his car is flying the last half of the 1/8. (not to mention the whole track). My dyno numbers were 400.2 rwhp and 370.1 rwtq.

Users who are viewing this thread