New best track times w/ stock pulley...

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Went to the track a couple weekends ago and broke my personal best ET and MPH records with the Cobra. Only power mods are CAI, catback, and Hypertech flash tune. Pully is still a few months away.

Times were...
1st run: sucky launch so run aborted
2nd run: 2.14-60', 12.417 @ 116.48 (Air Temp-60 deg.)
3rd run: 2.039-60', 12.316 @ 115.85 (Air Temp-65 deg.)

If I could ever learn to launch this car without breaking anything I think I could get down to the 12.1's. Its just I have broke a half-shaft already and now I am gun shy at the light. I use Nitto DR's but don't heat them up or anything. All I do is lower the pressure some and leave softly using the clutch. I know there is a better way to do this, I just need more practice at launching. Any pointers would be appreciated! Its not that I am new to drag racing (at the track) or anything, its just I haven't got the hang of launching the IRS yet. My last car was easy to launch, just rev it to the limiter and pop the clutch. Now I'm in a learning curve all over again. Like they say, practice makes perfect.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
STREETREBEL said:
With That Mph You Must
Have Around 430 Rwhp.
OR MORE!
I'd guess a little lower than that, but one can always hope. The weather conditions were really good that day. I'll get a dyno pull done before and after the pulley swap and post the results. Won't be until Feb.-March though.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
With a 116 trap, you probably do have around 430rwhp... I have around 450 and trapped 118... But i have a 2.80 pulley!!!!

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
... I have around 450 and trapped 118... But i have a 2.80 pulley!!!!
Do you have any other mods though (besides a pulley tune)? And what kind of chip/tuner are you using?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
i trapped a 118mph with an apten blower and 490rwhp sae.. but thats because the elevation was 2000 and 60ft was 2.1

very very bad track

Marc

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Cool! That's promising. So you got 24 hp from the 2.93 pulley I see. How much torque did you gain? According to Hypertech's graph, there is a 23 hp and 42 tq gain to the wheels with the 3.0 pulley and tune over the stock pulley and 93 octane tune. Looks like your numbers jive with that pretty well. I can't wait to feel the extra tq. Especially now that I have some drag radials. :banana:

Last edited:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
the fastest in the world is my buddy lou.... only has like 422rwhp with the stock pulley, no ported blower, no lower pulley.... ran a 11.3@123 or somethin

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Badgts said:
Do you have any other mods though (besides a pulley tune)? And what kind of chip/tuner are you using?

I have 2.80 pulley, Steeda intake, BBK 65mm Throttlebody, MRT Hpipe, Flowmaster Cat-back, Predator Tune, I dynoed 450/470... Location has alot to do with your trap speeds and all... I guess living here in florida where the air is thick and muggy doesnt help me too much

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I trapped @ 114 showroom stock but I left the traction control on and babied it out the gate drove like a dozen of the 03-04s befor I settled on the one I got now now after reading your post I got giddy

nice friggin times man!!!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
just get some stickey tires and drop the hammer dude. my buddy dave runs high 1.8 60's on F1s! and he has 450rwhp

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
just get some stickey tires and drop the hammer dude. my buddy dave runs high 1.8 60's on F1s! and he has 450rwhp

I tried that already...got me a broken half-shaft. I tried launching at 4000 on Nitto 315 DR's and it snapped immediately. That was when the car was bone stock too! And I have seen some guys get those kind of 60' times with F1's, I just don't know how they do it. I just need more practice :shrug:

93Snake

when you launched at 4k did you just dump the clutch? if so thats probably why you lost a halfshaft it's alot of shock for the rear end

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
my car has gone 1.88 60ft on stock F1's at 30psi. Left the line at about 3500rpms slipped the clutch the first few feet then put the hammer down. I had a 2.93", CAI, and Predator tune = 12.26 @ 115. Wish I had your trap speed. :rockon:

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
my best times are not all together. i'm with 03snakebite, the florida air sucks! stock, my best et was also with my best 60' [email protected] with a 1.979 60'. my best trap was 113.3mph but on that run i only went 13.01 cause the track wasn't prepped all that well and the temperature was about 60 degrees. i run the 1/4 in stock trim. i full up the tank and leave the tires at 34psi.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i keep 30 psi in my rear tires and 32 up front, i thought about goin 28 in the rear tires. and i heard someone say they launched about 2,000 RPM's so thats what i've been doin latley. i can't wait to hit the track as soon as they open wednesday night drags soon so i can get some numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread