New Best Time!!

RUthLEss03

11.24@123
Established Member
Went to the track today. Made 1 pass on boost only. Ran an 11.95 @ 114. Cracked open the 100-shot and was completely blown away when I got the slip...
11.36 @ 120!!!! Made another pass and it was another 11.36 @ 121. Only weight reductions was I removed the spare and tailgate. Had 3/4 tank of gas.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVivuPcK8rw"]YouTube - 11.36@121[/nomedia]
My goal with the L was 11.5x's, but since I'm this close to 10's, I think I'll make a few more tweaks and go for it! :rockon:

RUthLEss03

11.24@123
Established Member
:beer:Thanks guys! Quick question... I'm currently running 28x10x16 Hoosier slicks and I'm getting wheelspin off the line. If I move up to 30x10.5x15, I know they'll help me hook better, but will they hurt the ET and mph?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You should be good for a 30" tire at your power level. Adjustable shocks help a lot too if you don't have them already. In the mean time you can try a little longer burnout but ultimately you can't overcome poor track conditions if they exist.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Congrats. Nice times. Your boost only time is almost exactly what I ran on a P.E. a couple years ago on 30" M&H's. I had very similar mods too, including 2400 stall, SBTB, built motor w/ ported heads & cams, etc.

I think you will be fine with 30's. Your E.T. should drop if you can hook but your trap speed (MPH) will probly go down too.

Last edited:

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
Awesome man! Hope to catch you out there sometime next season. Thinking about going with a ported blower on my L. Nothing like your setup though, just port and bolt-ons. Worried about the bottom end though. Seen some handle KB's and Whipples with the stock bottom end, but also know a guy I work with that blew his with just a 6# lower. Think his was a tuning issue though, but who knows. Anyways slick looking L. Love SB!

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
Thanks, guys! :beer:

I'm using SCT. I have an X3 with 3 custom tunes.
Thanks. Thats what I'm using on my truck. Dude at work has pretty much the same setup as you on his harley truck except hes using 80# injectors and a Diablo getting tunes from JLP. Think I've finally got him convinced to switch to SCT. He can't really even drive his truck cause he can't get a good tune in it. Also told him he needs to ditch the 80's and get some 60's.

Users who are viewing this thread