Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
Just got back from test & tune, and got a new personal best:

60'............1.965
1/8 ET.......8.546
1/8 mph....84.11
1/4 ET......13.189 :pepper:
1/4 mph...106.15

I've got a ported and polished intake manifold on the way, and a MGW shifter and raptor shift light in a pile waiting to be installed. After those installs I think I'll be knockin' on the door of high 12s... WooHoo! :banana:

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
Solid/4.10's/DR's...umm you should be mid 12's I would think... :shrug:

Well, there are a few things keeping me from there. The biggest one is weight. The vert makes me about 200 lbs heavier than a coupe, my roll bar adds another 40 or so, and the rotational mass I gained from my rims is equal to about 90 something pounds of static mass. I'm also still a little easy on the launches. The rear feels really solid on take off and the Nittos stick pretty good, but for some reason I am still a little gun-shy about higher rpm aggressive launches.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
just heat those biotches up really good and let'er rip from about 5K (if the tires don't spin too much at that rpm)...you should be able to cut some low 1.8 60's, and be 12.9's w/ your 106 trap...

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Damnit I want a solid....

I'm tellin' ya, putting in my solid axle was better than all of my other mods combined, by far. I couldn't have been happier when I took it for a test drive after finishing swapping rear ends. That was back when I had my crappy 6 year old original tires that would spin and hop like crazy all through first and keep hopping away in second with my IRS. During that first test drive my tires would spin smoothly and under complete control. In first gear I could spin them, lift the throttle, catch, then spin them again at will. Being able to "steer" the back end with complete control made a world of difference when compared to uncontrollable violent hopping...

OK, sorry my rant is over. I am just sooo happy with my solid axle, and now with the 315 drag radials it just squats and sticks in first gear :rockon: :pepper:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I can't bitch too bad. I'm running 13.8's at 103.3 stock so far.

I just want to run DR's and dump the clutch..

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
quick01snake said:
i did that w/ the stock IRS...cut some 1.82-1.83 60's....fun stuff...wasn't until the 4.10's that i broke a halfshaft

I already broke one on street tires powershifting. I get it back today and I"m gonna hit the track and see if the new bushings help with wheelhop.

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I just want to run DR's and dump the clutch..

Unless it's an awesome track prep you'd still need to slip the clutch a bit. I was hoping it would be like slicks too :burnout:

I dropped my 1/8 time from 8.87 to a best of 8.29 with the solid swap. I wish I had swapped it much sooner.

Here's an 8.36 vid, sounds like a dump but I was slipping it a bit: 1/8 Mile fun

Last edited:

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
slo-ryd said:
Unless it's an awesome track prep you'd still need to slip the clutch a bit. I was hoping it would be like slicks too :burnout:

I dropped my 1/8 time from 8.87 to a best of 8.29 with the solid swap. I wish I had swapped it much sooner.

Here's an 8.36 vid, sounds like a dump but I was slipping it a bit: 1/8 Mile fun

Nice video :rockon: What 60' did you get on that run?

Users who are viewing this thread