New best time in NA Mach 1

03CobraJet

Established Member
I went to Englishtown yesterday with 69Mach03 and Mach1Chick to race in the Ford event. First time run the car ran 11.87 @113 second time run the car ran
11.88 @113. The car weighed 3322lbs and I was leaving at 6700. I had a really good time at the event. 69Mach03 won the pro/heavy class

Sorry that the time slips are so big
My Number is 9320 in the right lane
img019.gif

Last edited:

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
very nice! congrats on the great runs!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Very nice....113 TS, that'd put you at..?...~325RWHp I'm guessing. I'm curious.....with that suspension setup what was your 60'?

Congrats to 69mach03.....how did his GF do or did she not run?

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Very nice....113 TS, that'd put you at..?...~325RWHp I'm guessing. I'm curious.....with that suspension setup what was your 60'?

Congrats to 69mach03.....how did his GF do or did she not run?

I RAN! I was going to make my own post but i will just throw my times in on this one.

New Best Time: 12.54 @ 110mph!! Woo Hoo!

My mods are listed in my sig. Basically, when my car was near stock i ran a couple 12.92's on the factory Goodyears. Decided to build up the rear and got a tune for it. Once i got the tune, the car never hit the 12.90's again. So this past week i got a new tune done by Jon Lund and made these record passes yesterday (Sunday):

12.554 @ 109.865 - 1.871 60ft
12.623 @ 110.47 - 1.939 60ft
12.547 @ 110.00 - 1.896 60t

Running in the 13.00's to 12.50's all in a tune! I new my car had it in her!!:burnout:

But as i was finishing my burnout for the quarter-finals race, my car jerked extremely hard sideways and caused the car to shut off and the check engine light came on. I tried to start it over and over and it wouldnt come back on. I was SURE that i had broke something in the rear by the way it jerked the car so hard. But, the guys were able to push me out of the burnout box adn i heard no clunking coming from the rear. There was nothing leaking either. So after sitting there, on the side on the strip, watching my opponet cruise down the track by HIMSELF, i tried starting the car one last time and it start right up. I was able to drive it all the way back to the pits no problem and even drove it the 3 1/2 hour trip home to Delaware last night. I have NO idea what happened to make it shut off, but i know i could have beat that guy in a Maurader :(

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I RAN! I was going to make my own post but i will just throw my times in on this one.

New Best Time: 12.54 @ 110mph!! Woo Hoo!

My mods are listed in my sig. Basically, when my car was near stock i ran a couple 12.92's on the factory Goodyears. Decided to build up the rear and got a tune for it. Once i got the tune, the car never hit the 12.90's again. So this past week i got a new tune done by Jon Lund and made these record passes yesterday (Sunday):

12.554 @ 109.865 - 1.871 60ft
12.623 @ 110.47 - 1.939 60ft
12.547 @ 110.00 - 1.896 60t

Running in the 13.00's to 12.50's all in a tune! I new my car had it in her!!:burnout:

But as i was finishing my burnout for the quarter-finals race, my car jerked extremely hard sideways and caused the car to shut off and the check engine light came on. I tried to start it over and over and it wouldnt come back on. I was SURE that i had broke something in the rear by the way it jerked the car so hard. But, the guys were able to push me out of the burnout box adn i heard no clunking coming from the rear. There was nothing leaking either. So after sitting there, on the side on the strip, watching my opponet cruise down the track by HIMSELF, i tried starting the car one last time and it start right up. I was able to drive it all the way back to the pits no problem and even drove it the 3 1/2 hour trip home to Delaware last night. I have NO idea what happened to make it shut off, but i know i could have beat that guy in a Maurader :(

WOw, that's great. JL is one of the best, so that's a great thing for you.
Great times, that's for sure. Did the CEL stay on after it started up? Are you able to pull that code and see what happened?

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Once i started it up the check engine light was gone and haven't seen it since. Sent an email to JL and he replied:

"Hitting the limiter several times which most likley happened in the Burn-Out will inhibit restart on a Auto car for a bit. Its just the car trying to protect it self .... It thinks something is wrong and will more or less inhibit the igintion for a timeframe until it resets"

So after hearing from him it's nothign to worry about made me feel alot better.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Once i started it up the check engine light was gone and haven't seen it since. Sent an email to JL and he replied:

"Hitting the limiter several times which most likley happened in the Burn-Out will inhibit restart on a Auto car for a bit. Its just the car trying to protect it self .... It thinks something is wrong and will more or less inhibit the igintion for a timeframe until it resets"

So after hearing from him it's nothign to worry about made me feel alot better.
That's good to know....not only because your baby is fine, but I learned something new. :beer::lol:

03CobraJet

Established Member
Damn thats hauling...grats!..N/A or spray?

No spray

The 60' were: 1.58, 1.60 on the two time runs, they slowed up as the track got colder.

The Barometer was 30.55, 30.43. Also I think the ring gear is broke, I haven't pulled anything apart. After 3rd round of eliminations it was making a lot of noise, a tooth might have broke off. Still drove it home, but it was noisy, I lost 4th round.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
New numbers for the '69 as well. 12.107 @ 109.86 w/ a 1.599 60 ft

No spray

The 60' were: 1.58, 1.60 on the two time runs, they slowed up as the track got colder.

The Barometer was 30.55, 30.43. Also I think the ring gear is broke, I haven't pulled anything apart. After 3rd round of eliminations it was making a lot of noise, a tooth might have broke off. Still drove it home, but it was noisy, I lost 4th round.

ponygt65, have you raced any of your cars?
You guys put out some KICKASS 60' times.

I ran my 65 at sac raceway several times. My Best ET was 14.9 at 96 MPH. I was typically 15.0-15.3. I can't recall my 60' though. THat car was darn near factory stock. The only thing that wasn't stock when I ran it was the Carb. It had a Holley 600cfm on it. I dont' think I ever ran it when I had the pertronix, so it was with the factory Dual Points. The time I took my DSG the track was wet from the stupid Ricers, so I couldnt' get good traction. So...Yes technically.....but, nothign worth mentioning. Nearest tracks are 2-2.5 hours away.

I never got to take my DSG back, or the Cobra vert. My Blown mach was down for 6 months no thanks to Billy at MSX and his POS ass.

Oh, and I ran my 98 Contour....YEEEHAW!~

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
good runs from everyone. I want to take my car to the track. I didnt get to do it with my cobra but I want to do it wth the mach since i got SRA now :). it'll be my first time ever too. aint that sad.

again nice runs and can't wait to see more good runs

Users who are viewing this thread