New best time from Cecil 11.45@124

FINICKY

Established Member
Well i just got back from a nice day at Cecil county raceway. I had a blast with all the great people from Supper Stalions.

This was my first race of the year and ended up running back to back 11.40's at 124. with some 11.60's to start with.
This was on 275 bfg drag radiels. Rick from Amazon Racing was there and gave me a new street tune he's been working on and i really feel thats what got me there.

The 11.40's were also done with only a lightning upper pulley providing the extra boost. stock lower. All i can say is that these damn cars are awesome and i cant get the smile off of my face
Once again thanks Rick, from the begining a year ago, my car has allways run awsome on your chip!!!!!!!

Orange Poison

Established Member
Holy sh$t! Those are some great times. Man, you're cookin! That Lightning pulley with the Amazon Diablo really flys.....

acatalon

Established Member
Really looks like you had an awesome day, Did the Track officials throw you out, or you have a roll bar?....One of the days I am gonna get a pulley and chip, enjoying the mods one at a time..little buy little.

Last edited by a moderator:

grnenvy

Established Member
Great times your car runs just like mine with the lightening pulley, Im happy to see that you don't need lots of boost to run those great times . Your car should last a long time with that boost levels.

Last edited:

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Awesome times Ray!! Believe me this boy can drive! Been working on this tune for a couple weeks and it paid off. I feel for a light modded car the L pulley is just right for boost and not making alot of heat from over spinning the blower.
Linn and I had a blast hanging out will all you guys! All you guys in the 11's that was very impressive. You guys can really get those cars down the track!

Rick

Last edited:

FINICKY

Established Member
Thanks guys, the car is a blast to drive once you get the shifting down. I shift at exactly 6000 and was leaving around 3500-4000 sliding the clutch..
I had a great day and was surrounded by a great bunch of people that made racing even more fun,and as usuall Rick came through with a another great tune.
I agree with the lightning pulley grnenvy, it seems to be a good setup for power and not to much heat. JT is running the almost the same setup and his car flies also. Im sure his driving has allot to do with it lol.

Billy Glidden better watch out for you Hot Rod lol with the Kenne Bell on there no one is safe from your snake.

All praise the TRMINATERS

trey193

Established Member
Man that mph is impressive for sure!!! What are your major 4?? I assume you dont have headers???I was just getting ready to order a chip Monday, I wonder if this is one of Ricks hottest programs yet, you cant argue with that mph!! props to ya for the et as well!:)

FINICKY

Established Member
Actually yes im running the 100mm idlers that replace the stock ones. I get a little belt slip but it only drops around 1 pound very very high in the rpms...I also use a gator back belt.

FINICKY

Established Member
Lol I try to be different and I firmly believe all the little things make a big difference. Hey Rick do you think I could pick up a little more power with a no slip 2.93 pulley instead of the stock lightning pulley. Just wondering if i could gain a few more ponies on the top end... I loose about a pound maybe a pound and a half now.

trey193

Established Member
I assume Rick is talking about removing the headlight completely , if he has your open ended cone right??? Also trapping 124 with your mods I wouldnt say that thing is losing anything up top, although Nitro Pete claims to have a magical fix for hight rpm boost loss through his chip, I was gonna go Nitro Pete chip until I saw your mph with Ricks new tune, seems like I cant go wrong with it. Way I looks at it is Finicky's and JT's cars have basically the same mods and run very high mph's and extremely well given such few mods and both are on Ricks chip!

Users who are viewing this thread